Which cantilevers for my Marin

Do you want better brakes? If so, why not get a set of V-brakes, they knock cantis into a cocked hat, more stopping power and an absolute doddle to set up.

xerxes":1j3txpxl said:
Do you want better brakes? If so, why not get a set of V-brakes, they knock cantis into a cocked hat, more stopping power and an absolute doddle to set up.

I just thought the stock tekro cantilevers could do with replacing they work well enough but think some lighter (and dare I say it shinier) ones would suit the build better.

And whilst I agree that V brakes would be a simpler and better option, I just don't like how they look, and wont suit the bike. I am sure if I get the new cantilevers set up properly they will do just fine.

Just coming from hydraulic brakes takes some getting used to :)

I just stumbled across this thread and if anyone had a set of Marin Lite or Dia Compe 987 cantis to sell then I'd be very much interested for my '95 Pine Mountain.

Cheers!

MonkeyPuzzle":sxz0pc8s said:
I just stumbled across this thread and if anyone had a set of Marin Lite or Dia Compe 987 cantis to sell then I'd be very much interested for my '95 Pine Mountain.

Cheers!

Got any pictures ?

Lovely bike, but seems to have acquired some not great kit over the years, so I'm trying to show it some XT/Dia Compe/Marin Lite love! I got impatient looking for M737 brake levers and so picked up some Dia Compe PC11s instead, only to find out that those were actually the stock levers for the '95! Happy accident or what?

widowmaker":29c8v4w6 said:
wookiee":29c8v4w6 said:
I have a bunch of canti sets, not the Marin Lite ones but LX, DX and XT...

Are Marin lite any good ?

They are as good as any other...bit of an arse to set up but no better or worse than DX or XT...

Back