And today I did......

Tonight I just realised that ma BobYak is supposed to be able to carry up to 70lbs.
So it should be able to carry Keithys Camelbak/make-up bag no bother :shock:

Yeah thats how I found out about the 70lb capacity.
Although mines is'nt the full susser model, BUT it is the 10th anniversary one :mrgreen:

Until I saw that one I didn't know you could get BobYaks with suspension.

Got my Lefty in post today that I won on ebay. The guy had packed it well but had let air out to reduce size of box.
Went to get my shock pump that fits the Lefty and found that it was broken, the pressure gauge had broken off.

This must have happened on Friday night when I was in Blairadam trying out my new light. Could get a pump the same off ebay for £15/16 or a better one for £25. :shock: Feck that says me, I'll fix it.
Rummaged about in sheds for bits and took gauge off small 12v tyre-pump for car but was stuck trying to find way to connect it to shock pump in same place as original. Discovered by chance that the threads on a chain ring bolt are the same as on the connector on gauge.

So nut screws on to gauge which then fits in hole in pump, enlarged the hole in other side of pump that had a self-tapper to hold original plastic gauge connector on, so that chain ring bolt could pass through to screw into the nut on gauge. Drilled a wee hole in chain ring bolt through threads to allow pressure to gauge and tapped a thread down inside Allen key end of bolt to take a wee screw with O-ring to seal off the end.
With the nut and bolt tightened up in hole through pump I then screwed the gauge in place, might need to use some PTFE plumbers tape to seal threads as there is a very slight leak but it works great.

Quite chuffed that it all came together and worked, couldn't believe it when I discovered the chain ring bolt threads were same as gauge.
Will have to pack the pump in my sac a bit better to stop it maybe getting broken when I fall off, again. :roll:

old_coyote_pedaller":1f0lvf4p said:
Meant to ask, kaiser, did you get your new light yet?

Yes, nice wee unit. My only criticism is that the ano is a bit weak, I'd probably plump for black if I could pick again.

10341766603_6e00fe7dc6.jpg
10341531574_3803881797.jpg

Currenlty residing on my commuter on the rather lovely KCNC bar extender thingy.

Today I'm packing for a weekend in the lakes mtb'ing with the boys. :D

He can never make a MacRetro gathering but can go mtb'ing with his pals in the Lakes, now we know what he thinks of us..........harummmffffffff :x

Kidding :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

"Today I had my badger out the first time in about 10 years touching up a rocking horse" :shock:

Lets see you deviants make some thing outa that :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back