Scottish version of L'Eroica - now The Bravo Scozia Ride

Re: Scottish version of L'Eroica - Heroica Scozia

Better get my '58 Mercian Super Vigorelli back together again then. Looks like the month of June is going to be a press, what with a trip to Belgium and possibly The Peaks. As long as wool is ok I'm interested, as the photo you posted makes it look a very appealing proposition.

It's beautiful country.

Super Vigorelli? So you're one of the disappearing into the distance riders then :)

This could be the incentive to get one of my projects finally built. I have a 1960's CWS Commuter frame and fork though I suspect its one of the frames intended to be a Clarks Scamp moped. The comedy value of this choice of bike is its a 16" wheeled step through bike and I'm a 6'6" beanpole. Time for some inventive bodging without straying into post 87 componentry :LOL:

Would an 88 Alves squeeze in? Building one Sunday!

The History Man":2lyw4ik7 said:
Would an 88 Alves squeeze in? Building one Sunday!

I imagine that anything that looks like an old style bike will be welcome.

i suppose it's the spirit of the thing and everyone making the effort that makes the event. I can't see the missing by 1 year being an issue.

in the itailian erocia there's people riding and wearing all sorts or conforming and non conforming gear. i went to the effort of removing my pre 87 aero levers and look pedals and found numerous people riding bikes for the 90's and beyond.

gmac123":164uttcg said:
i suppose it's the spirit of the thing and everyone making the effort that makes the event. I can't see the missing by 1 year being an issue.

in the itailian erocia there's people riding and wearing all sorts or conforming and non conforming gear. i went to the effort of removing my pre 87 aero levers and look pedals and found numerous people riding bikes for the 90's and beyond.
But that's just not cricket!

bugloss":woo0mbok said:
But that's just not cricket!

In the Highlands real men play shinty.

Mark, the organiser is happy for me to put his address here, so if anyone is interested in being on the mailing list for this

gillotspear AT gmail DOT com

Exactly, I did say it wasn't cricket...What's shinty, sounds like some kind of shin kicking competition?

Latest posts

Back