Highpath Hi-Lite off-road bicycle for sale

Not sure why you don't take the £650, or suggest a sensible price here.

Once you take into account ebay and pay pals cut, you will need to get a fairly chunky final price to make it worthwhile.

owlarchitecture":207hbieo said:
Well anyone can make an offer at anytime - can you not?

No, this isn't ebay! If you want bids/offers go there. Fell free to list your auction when you start it but if you want to sell via Retrobike please read the rules and guidance above.

Come on guys..give him a break, he's new here. :roll:

Sure, £4500 was an unrealistic price to ask, but we all know that it's worth a whole lot more than £650 minus eBay fees.
From what I can see it's an unusual Highpath model frame with almost completely original parts with excellent history. He does big it up a little on his website and he could have cleaned it up a little to sell it, but I reckon it's still worth in the region of £800-£1200.
I paid the lower end of that for my earlier standard model a few years ago with only a few original parts left in the drivetrain, bars and seating, but retro-fitted with nicer Mk3 brakes.

He set a (very) high asking price and invited private offers to his personal email or phone number, I don't see a problem with this as long as any haggling is off-forum.

It's an unusual Highpath model, and one of probably fewer than 20 Highpaths ever made :shock: It's not like it's a Marin Bear Valley or a Kona Cinder Cone where there's a well established ballpark market price to ask.

All the best,

£650 seems about right considering it needs a bit of work maybe a complete respray,that would take it up around the £800-£850 mark,it's not just about what it's worth now but the extra cost involved in preserving it.

legrandefromage":3c3thy7v said:
So there is a tired rusty, filthy bike pictured, what about the £4.5k bike? Where is that?

The Joke is.............

If it was a Tired rusty Filthy "Breezer" Everybody would be falling over themselves.

And therein Lies the Problem.... :facepalm:

sinnerman":vbf16zcy said:
legrandefromage":vbf16zcy said:
So there is a tired rusty, filthy bike pictured, what about the £4.5k bike? Where is that?

The Joke is.............

If it was a Tired rusty Filthy "Breezer" Everybody would be falling over themselves.

And therein Lies the Problem.... :facepalm:

Sadly Like so much British Stuff, Few can see past the Bullshit and Hype and Actually look at whats In front of them.

Billybob2":1kr8s4yk said:
£650 seems about right considering it needs a bit of work maybe a complete respray,that would take it up around the £800-£850 mark,it's not just about what it's worth now but the extra cost involved in preserving it.

Confused at this statement a little too.

Does it need Repainting...?

T-Cut and Polish the frame. Strip and Polish all the components, and dress everything accordingly...? Wheres the cost...?

Even If painted. Sandblast, Zinc Coat and Powder £30.

Strip By hand, Single Colour with Decals and Postage Both ways £150.

But I Honestly cant see from the pics supplied it needs it. At most the hardest work would be to strip the wheels, Polish rims and Hubs and then rebuild with new Spokes.

With little more than effort and time, That bike would look and ride like Brand NEW.

The only thing I would definitely do is Donate the Retro "woolworths Supplied" Everyready light holders to Charity.

They seem very desirable by certain types......PMSL.

Attachments

• high%20008w.jpg
    high%20008w.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 198
Back