Ebay bidding, what do you favour

John":38l42y87 said:
FYI the site relies on revenue from ebay (and other advertisers) to survive. Using a sniper = no revenue.

Just sayin'.

Is there any way to block the ads from certain specific sellers like pb*bikes, bbc, and their ilk in the highlighted ebay ads in the Wanted and FS sections? Those guys are the antithesis of what this site stands for.

Interesting point. The ads for the US and Canada are run on a simple search, are you seeing *a lot* of ads from these guys?

I do a fair bit on eBay. Maybe 30 transactions a month. So how would I benefit the site? Post a link on a thread to what I know I want, then buy through the link? Eg the cassette spacer I just bought?

If you click through from the site and buy something that helps, doesn't have to be listed here.

Also if you share cool stuff that also helps :cool:

John":185drc8x said:
Interesting point. The ads for the US and Canada are run on a simple search, are you seeing *a lot* of ads from these guys?

Today is the first time I've seen an ad from pb* highlighted, not that I've really checked in the past (the $110 chain ring was what drew my attention to it today). They're nothing but profiteers, offer nothing to the community other than a lighter wallet, and "promoting" their business model here is off-putting. Maybe I'm alone in the sentiment.

FMJ":3uwluqnu said:
Today is the first time I've seen an ad from pb* highlighted, not that I've really checked in the past (the $110 chain ring was what drew my attention to it today). They're nothing but profiteers, offer nothing to the community other than a lighter wallet, and "promoting" their business model here is off-putting. Maybe I'm alone in the sentiment.

You are not alone in that. I'm with you completely. They are against everything this online community stands for, and deserve a separate thread only. Not our business.

I favour scanning the listings of an evening with a large bott- sorry, glass, of red, and making a 'shenshible deshishun' about my maximum bid. I enter said bid with around 15-20 seconds to go, which in the event that I'm losing, leaves me enough time to enter at least one more unreasonably high bid to ensure I win anyway. I too have spent a huge amount on eBay, so it must be the right way.

Back