Splitting the road section into a separate site??

Splitting the road section into a separate site??

• Yes

Votes: 22 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 122 79.2%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Yes, we've been here before.

Always had in the back of my mind the road section might benefit from being split out into a stand alone site and forum. Earlier in the year was more or less set on doing this, both domain and draft design are in place. However other events took over and the plan was shelved.

Still somewhat undecided and keen to get the views of those who use the road section.

For

Will allow the road section to grow in tandem but seprately from retrobike (whcih is perceived to be more more mtb orientated by many?)

Against

Loss of traffic and interest from the relitavely bigger mtb side

So, over to you for opinions.

I think if you have a link in line in the forum listings so it looks kinda like a subforum (iirc this is possible) then people will still happily follow over from one site to the other

i really wouldn't mind what happens, it isn't a bind to click on the relative sections & tbh it's easy enough to put a direct link in your faves box.
I have a butchers in the MTB section now & again as it's on the same site, if it was a differing URL maybe not, however whatever makes it easier for you John.

I like the idea I think it will allow for more defined categories i.e

Retro Classic Road
Readers rides
Mechanical questions
Identification and valuations
For sale
Wanted
Ebay
Rides

But then again it works well as it is, although will always be an after thought of the original mtb site....

Keep it as one site. It's good to have cross-over, cross pollination whatever you'd like to call it. I feel it's an inefficient design that's socially and psychologically healthy.

I like the one site as i'm getting info, advice, parts and abuse from both. :mrgreen:

I'd keep it as the one site, since as pointed out, lots of people are interested in both MTB and road.

However, as also suggested, I would like a separate section for ID and valuations. Putting all valuations in one thread doesn't seem to work, it would be better if people could make a separate thread for their own bike.

Apart from that I really like the site, it has a nice community feel and people are very friendly and helpful.

Johnny

Back