Highpath Hi-Lite off-road bicycle for sale

GrahamJohnWallace

Retrobike Rider
Cleland Fan
Feedback
View
Highpath Hi-Lite off-road bicycle for sale. This 1986 Highpath' Hi-lite off-road bike is currently offered for sale by its original owner.

This is not owned by me but is one that is owned by a guy I used to cycle with in the 1980s.

Its design is based on the Geoff Apps' Cleland design and geometry but was built and designed by David Wrath-Sharman at Highpath Engineering in Guildford. The Hi-Liteframe is designed with a lower step-over than a standard Cleland, which makes it easier to jump clear if things go wrong in the technical sections.

It is fitted with second generation Highpath SwingCam hub brakes machined from solid aluminium. First generation brakes were made from modified moped brake drum shells whilst third Generation SwingCams were cast around a steel lining and then machined.

The wrong size mudguards do not do the design justice and the Hi-Lite would look much better if fitted with modern 29er guards.

Highpath purchase offers to owl.architecture@gmail.com or phone Grahame White on 0771 898 6000. This Highpath mountain bike presently resides in Leeds.
http://www.owlarchitecture.webspace.vir ... Bike.shtml

£4,500 ono if collected

Attachments

• high 006w.jpg
    high 006w.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,045
  • high 001w.jpg
    high 001w.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,046
  • high 008w.jpg
    high 008w.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,045
He might have chance when he corrects his ad and takes the extra zero off, a typo like that could seriously affect your chance of a sale.

"So there is a tired rusty, filthy bike pictured, what about the £4.5k bike? Where is that?"

Nicely phrased!

Ye same here,would snap this up but it's way overpriced,I love the whole Cleland/highpath legacy but I paid a three digit figure for THE first production Aventura frame number 003,how is this Highpath any better?
If the seller wants to give me a realistic price then I have cash waiting...

the last one i saw listed was immaculate and wanted just over £1200 but sold for under a grand. 3-4 times that for one that not as tidy seems a little much? but maybe i am am a tight a5555.

Back