Scottish version of L'Eroica - now The Bravo Scozia Ride

Re: Scottish version of L'Eroica - Heroica Scozia

Anyone want to go on the mailing list for this?

PM me and I''ll give you the email address.

firedfromthecircus":1q5yaxkm said:
Probably easy enough on a roadster type if you don't have an old enough MTB Gmac.!

If I manage this, think it'll be retro road.. so 700c with 25mm tyres. Used to enjoy the winter club sunday runs, which often involved sections of forest or land rover track on a road bike.

Not keen on the idea of the tweeds myself, missed out on the hamper in Italy for not being woolly enough, despite best efforts on the bike front.

Cyclocross would surely be yer best bet, or failing that a touring bike with cantis.

It says that aluminium frames aren't allowed, but I am sure they would make an exception for the classic Alan/Guerciotti frames, no?

Anyway, this looks like a really cracking idea, organised by someone with a propoer connection to retro bikes and with a lot of local character.

Would love to have a go, hopefully next year if not this...

Errr.............its not untill next year, not this Johnsqual ;)

:facepalm:

I meant this financial year, of course :oops:

The Retro budget is nearly up for this fiscal period. After this week, it will certainly be finished.

Got no tartan, got no tweed. Can't see the appeal in having to wear either.

Dont believe Tartan or Tweed are a rule. I believe the organiser wants riders to look in keeping with the age of their bikes. No lycra cant mean no tight fit clothing as TDF racers of the 50's for example come from the pre lycra days but still wear tighter fit cycling attire.

Are you allowed to wear cycling shorts under your kilt, then?

He said T or T in the description then toned down retro woollen in clothing section. I just picked up on the first mention of tartan or tweed and it put me off completely. Understand the no lycra though.

Tartan or tweed will only attract the Hoooray Ruperts and I'd rather not spend my weekend with them, thanks.

Edit: Although I am hugely interested in the riding as it looks marvellous. If only I could wear my Rapha :LOL:

bugloss":3mbj31ge said:
...Tartan or tweed will only attract the Hoooray Ruperts and I'd rather not spend my weekend with them, thanks...

Too much actual riding and too far for the posturers, so if one of your Hooray Ruperts completes it, they're one of us. I doubt anyone other than a real cyclist is going to contemplate this.

Part of the concept is that it's during Victorian Week in Strathpeffer, and most of the village participates.

I think Mark is looking more for authenticity than a fashion parade.

BTW it's a step closer, Square Wheel Steve had a meeting with Mark last night and he's going to be supporting it.

Meanwhile, I'm already fettling my Grundleigh-Oldthwaitte Sisyphus Dreadnought Sport.

Back