Which cantilevers for my Marin

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Looking at replacing the Tektro original cantilevers on my Marin, its only an entry level Bolinas Ridge but still deserves some new brakes I think.

Would I be better getting some new ones like the Shimano BR M565 from CRC for less than a tenner or go for some retro Dia Compe 987's. Its been the best part of a decade since I rode a bike with cantilevers in anger :oops: any other budget stoppers to shortlist.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shim ... -prod87343

I think I still have a full set of cantis from a mid 90s Pine Mountain in the garage. I think they're in silver and blue and the same shape as the ones in this thread (not the same condition though).

viewtopic.php?t=223045

tiboltrider":2i2kgvvu said:
I think I still have a full set of cantis from a mid 90s Pine Mountain in the garage. I think they're in silver and blue and the same shape as the ones in this thread (not the same condition though).

viewtopic.php?t=223045

Are you selling them or just telling me you have some :)

I've got the Axera x cantis that came off my bobcat, should clean up ok, pads ok on one set but need replacing in the other.

They're yours if you want them, just cover postage.

Pdid":16q4mfvx said:
I've got the Axera x cantis that came off my bobcat, should clean up ok, pads ok on one set but need replacing in the other.

Thanks for the offer, but I have some Marin ones lined up.

If they fall through I will take you up on the generous offer :cool:

widowmaker":3exzzup7 said:
Pdid":3exzzup7 said:

Thanks for the offer, but I have some Marin ones lined up.

If they fall through I will take you up on the generous offer :cool:

No probs :D

I also have surplus to requirements '95/'96 Marin cantis in deep blue and silver, and 1 or 2 straddles, if anyone needs them.
Alloy ok - steel has some surface rust so ideal for a WD Pro style restoration.

On a related note also have 1-1/8th Diatech headset spares inc hanger, topcaps, races etc.

jonny

Back