Marin Bolinas Ridge - The budget build

widowmaker":32cz8foy said:
Pdid":32cz8foy said:
I recently picked up a Bobcat from the same era (96), same frame bar "Afterburner" rear triangle whatever that means? I'm converting to a singlespeed hack for the Winter commute. Unfortunately mine had been left outside for the past 12 months, luckily I did the same 3 tests as you and all came off with a bit of persuasion!

I couldn't salvage wheels as the freehub had gone and I couldn't source a replacement, The brake levers were gone and brake pads were non existent so are being changed for Vees.

Picture of the frame here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=272591

It's the first time I've properly stripped and restored a bike and I'm really enjoying it although I've spent much more than I had intended :LOL:

Looks pretty much the same as mine :cool:

I have enjoyed this build so far, probably because it was a complete bike unlike my others which started as frames and I hit a lot of compatibility issues.

Don't forget to restore the original bars, oh and I've found the remains of the original foam grips for you aswell, PM me your address and I'll send them over.. ;)

Just taken the Marin around the block to check the wheel spacing etc :)

Put the brakes on :shock:

CantilevaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH brakes :)

You guys need balls of steel to ride Cantis, with my Hydraulic brakes I have been spoilt :D

Back