Retrobike National Road Series Rd 7: Cotswolds ~ 02/11/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Retrobike National Road Series Rd 7: Cotswolds ~ 02/11/1

Sadly my Basso has just gone on the study wall for the winter. or should that be luckily?

The History Man":22i82y8j said:
Sadly my Basso has just gone on the study wall for the winter. or should that be luckily?

did you cut a hole in the ceiling to let the stem through?

matthew71":344dk1ks said:
The History Man":344dk1ks said:

did you cut a hole in the ceiling to let the stem through?

:mrgreen: I knew I could rely on you for something!

bobbinogs":1p6hmv21 said:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have done that hill on a 53x39 standard double before but I usually stick a big girlie cog on the back because I like spinning.

For most of us it will be a 10-20 min climb with a nice run up but the odd sharp section that will get you out of the saddle so just back off, pick your line and get the pacing right, job's a good 'un:

http://app.strava.com/segments/2371916
I mucking about and being a bit of a drama queen :roll:

I am expecting daj to put on a truly memorable ride seeings I'm coming 1000 miles just to be with you lot. I'm also expecting there to be no potential riders with lame excuses about stuff like "my bikes been put away for the winter" just so they can get out of riding up a few slopes. ;)

bugloss":3kj53c3a said:
bobbinogs":3kj53c3a said:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have done that hill on a 53x39 standard double before but I usually stick a big girlie cog on the back because I like spinning.

For most of us it will be a 10-20 min climb with a nice run up but the odd sharp section that will get you out of the saddle so just back off, pick your line and get the pacing right, job's a good 'un:

http://app.strava.com/segments/2371916
I mucking about and being a bit of a drama queen :roll:

I am expecting daj to put on a truly memorable ride seeings I'm coming 1000 miles just to be with you lot. I'm also expecting there to be no potential riders with lame excuses about stuff like "my bikes been put away for the winter" just so they can get out of riding up a few slopes. ;)

Well said that man!! Lets have a really good finale to the Retrobike season! :cool:

I will come if it's not slashing with rain. I will raise your 34-28 with my 30-27, unless I can find a lower cassette.... Do feel free to chat amongst yourselves while waiting for me. :D

any pictures of the hill? I feel a big ring challange (to be said in an outragous french accent) coming in on.

I potentially have a 34/24 combo, maybe even a 34/22.

I'm trying to think of it as a tiny slope..... :roll: I'm also taking a rope and hook to hitch onto that 30x27.

I thinking of fitting a triple so we can have a slow bike race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back