Salsa Beargrease

mr_ship

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
Thought I'd add a thread for my fattie which I got back in Feb. Bloody love it :D Pics from a few rides when I remembered to take the camera!!

The only modern bike that I currently lust after is the new fangled carbon beargrease, I don't know why but it makes me feel like a giddy teenager all over again. I'm trying to twist my guvnors arm into putting some on the shop floor at work which will no doubt mean that no work ever gets done again!

Glad your still enjoying it bud.

I had a chance to get this years carbon one, got advised not to by 2 shops!.....the alu one is better and same weight but nicer ride than the basic £2,800 one.....it's the fancy XX one for £5,500 that's decent but not for heavy blokes like me...hence I'm sticking to steel.

Yeah, still enjoying it Rich thanks. The weight differences to the carbon is minimal to say the least.

http://muddybrownsevents.blogspot.co.uk ... rsion.html

I've changed a few bits so far, saddle, bars, grips and am waiting for a new seatpost and stem. Not happy with the Elixir 5 brakes though and the BB is grumbling like buggery so I'm hopefully get Dave at DC to fit some new Hope gear.

Good man, Dave will keep you right, tell him I said hi.

Get yourself some nice hope brakes!

Fat Bikes....slippery slope, before you know it you might start enjoying riding a bike again ;)

Yeah, on the Lakes ride we did last month I rode pretty much every section which I couldn't do on my old full suss Commencal. Although I'm probably a bit fitter now having dragged these mahoosive wheels around for most of this year :LOL:
Not been near a beach yet either :LOL:

Still loving the Fat. Now running 1 x 10, Ritchey carbon stem, bars and post, SDG saddle and some new Hope brakes. Also got a custom Alpkit frame bag which is tops :D

Superb, almost had a carbon beargrease (twice) recently....I'm currently fatless....well bar my half fat jones.

Back