Miffed!

Looks like he's starting to rack up a fine old list of damning negatives. There's too many shabby dealers on eBay trying to pull a fast one. I only deal with the 100 per centers now after bitter experience.

Shame there's no way of emailing eBay with a complaint about the seller relisting damaged dangerous goods. That's the problem with customer care or support in general with many organisations these days, it seems designed to stop you getting through the system.

You can report item on ebay I have done. Ebay do take action. I sell alot of kit on ebay and I have found them to be very helpful. They are making many changes to discourge rouge sellers like new picture standards and the like.

The rule of thumb is buy from someone who lists correctly and has good feedback. Lots of negitives appear for a reason.

I'll add a very disappointing ebay experience i've just had to take on the chin. I purchased a frame on a BIN price on Saturday & paid there & then. Within 10 minutes the seller messaged me saying the option of BIN was a mistake and that it should of been an auction to end date. I then get a request to cancel the transaction to which I decline, not my fault the BIN price was offered. Next morning the monies have been transferred back to my paypal account. Just checked ebay & my frame is for sale again!!

I ring ebay & explain - first person says I have a contract and therefore the seller is obliged to see the sale through, at last we're getting somewhere. However, as I'm opening a case I need to speak to another department - this person says they cannot force the seller to see the transaction through but they will put sanctions on the sellers account (but they can't divulge what those sanctions are). So in other words sellers can do what the hell they like on ebay - only on the internet could this be allowed to happen. The advice I was given - "try and find the same product but from a different seller". Yes love there's shed-loads of this exact frame on ebay, I don't why I'm so miffed by this?

Then to top the day off, the postman leaves me a package in the letterbox but obviously leaves part of it hanging out as I've got the left hand cup only from a bottom bracket and nothing else - some scrote has nabbed the rest!! Not in the best of moods I tell thee :twisted:

That seller refunded you in full so there is no loss to you. You ust lost what seemed like a bargin. That is no big deal.

The post thing is different issue ebay works and it works well and I have never found issue with the customer services. They bend over backwards to help me.

I think i have the 'Ringle curse'!!

I purchased another post which was described as scratched and tatty but 'fully operational', it arrived today and guess what......the seat clamp is cracked!

I’m considering sending it back unless I can source a spare seat rail clamp :facepalm:

Back