1988 Fisher Procalibre F&F UK!

Chute55uk":36xj80os said:
not tet built, japan tange. I think tom only did the mt tam in this era but could be wrong. if the bb shell has been tapped out....good luck with that as its an 88mm wide shell :shock: (well it is on mine anyway)

Studying those photos again, the BB shell really does look tapped! :LOL:
I wonder what axle it had in there?

well I have, I agree but, when I looked inside my montare frame it looked similar and about 3mm in from the edge there is a groove for the circlip that holds the bearings. the 88 catalogue specs a fisher sealed cartridge bb which translates to a push fit bearing and axle job (a bit like the kleins) and indeed the modern shimano bb30! ha who knew :LOL: .
its hard to get a pic of the 87 procal bottom bracket but there's a hd video of someone riding one and I paused it as the cranks went passed the camera and there is a couple of decent shots of a static 87 hanging up and it looks like a wider bb shell, in any event it had a press fit bb that's for sure.
so if it is tapped its not a pro caliber.
here is a pic of a '87 and a '88 for comparison of paint schemes, it seems the fade points and decal placement were not uniform by any standards :LOL:
jeez im sad

Attachments

• Bike21.jpg
    Bike21.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 272
  • F8.jpg
    F8.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 272
oh and here is mine at retroride surrey hills, just because..... :D

Attachments

• 2013-08-18 15.52.34.jpg
    2013-08-18 15.52.34.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 273
Chute55uk":2pof4gk1 said:
jeez im sad

No way is that sad! :LOL: Its just that you are well informed enough to not go ahead and buy a potentially duff frame. Well spotted I say. I thought the decals looked odd too, the line behind the fisher logo looks too thin. Oh well, its too big for me anyway.

Your Montare looks great!

Nice walk down memory lane this thread. Iirc was it one if these going for an asking price of $25000 on eBay.com ?

Always craved the Fishers until I discovered FCC.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back