Look what I picked up today - Rocky Mountain content

Now I'm confused, it's the wrong colour for a 94 but the right colour for a 93, but the graphics aren't yellow like they should be, they're white!! :?

I've had a closer look at this now.
I still think 1996, my gut instinct.

not 1993, cabling is wrong, date says it was made later.

1994 no, the bottom end didnt use ahead setups.
1995 unless that is purple and not the blue I am seeing
then 1996 scheme is must be.

No reason they didn't use the 1994 (late 1993 built frame) for 1995 and 1996 or until they all sold. It's just a bit of paint and bits hanging off it.
It was turbulent times around then as far as I know for Rocky.

BUT just build it, think of it as mid 90's and get riding :)

:LOL:

It is more purple than the pics show it, on close inspection. Also just noticed, sticker says it's Tange Triple Butted, not double like I thought....

But stuck BB came out, so now I'm left with a bare frame/canvas, so yeah, I'll build it up and ride it in some form or another!! :D

For frame of reference, think of it as better than a clockwork, but not as good as a prestige in the Orange world.

Sorted it out a bit today, not cabled up the gears yet as debating about putting a single ring on the front on the Turbines I have on the way... (I de-stickered it as the decals were very tatty and at least these from my old shop make it very distinctive which hopefully equals un-nickable!!)

Chain set is heavy, as are the forks, but it has ended up with my best and very light wheels plus a bit of XT so some weight saving would be worthwhile. Is the chain set worth anything? Original RM stem for sale in my thread, plus maybe the RMB logo'd QR in time... :roll:

Attachments

• RM Fusion 009.JPG
    RM Fusion 009.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 281
  • RM Fusion 001.JPG
    RM Fusion 001.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 281
  • RM Fusion 002.JPG
    RM Fusion 002.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 281
passiflora":joyqq14d said:
Those forks go very nicely with it though.

Like the colour, I take it that is a re-spray?. :)

No, it's all original but it looks much better than it really is! Up close it's scratched and tatty, but under the down tube stickers it was much better, obviously. Sort of purple with sparkly bits in :D

Looking great there lovely bike, I personally would keep the RM cranks but ditch the steel rings in favour of some alloy ones but as for everything else pretty much spot on :D :D :cool:

Bit gutted, just sold the perfect chainset with Middleburn rings on... :facepalm:

Still thinking of using this as a beach bike, so may put crappy wheels on it and keep the chainset to wreck with sand and salt water :LOL: (the wheels/tyres are for the Voodoo really...)

Back