Overbury's Pioneer - Built in Bristol works like clockwork !

Re: Overbury's Pioneer - Built in Bristol runs like clockwor

Bryncrug72":3h5wtva5 said:
how do you feel about the splashbacks ?

I have only used mine in the dry, but they are good tyres and grip really well. They also handle tarmac easily, without too much drag or noise.

I know quite a few people have them on the forum and I've heard nothing bad about them, the only thing to watch out for, as I've said, is the width.

muddyfunkstar":18pf5rjr said:
dude im here :shock:

This is my mate Dave, who is the proud owner (again) of the other Overburys frame and Euclid parts stash ! :D

welcome muddy - get a build thread going for your OBs!

NeilM":2pdsyr7s said:
Bryncrug72":2pdsyr7s said:
how do you feel about the splashbacks ?

I have only used mine in the dry, but they are good tyres and grip really well. They also handle tarmac easily, without too much drag or noise.

I know quite a few people have them on the forum and I've heard nothing bad about them, the only thing to watch out for, as I've said, is the width.

Don'y you go out in the rain then. Thought not........

Soon be firework night.

Bryncrug72":h4noj1vk said:
muddyfunkstar":h4noj1vk said:
dude im here :shock:

This is my mate Dave, who is the proud owner (again) of the other Overburys frame and Euclid parts stash ! :D

Nice one Dave..., Welcome to Our World.....lol.

Be Quite a refreshing change to see another quality Overburys draped in "Campagnolo".

Proper Job.

:cool:

Nice one Dave..., Welcome to Our World.....lol.

Be Quite a refreshing change to see another quality Overburys draped in "Campagnolo".

Proper job

That is if we can get him out of his loft ! He's been up there for 3 days, so far he's found a Rock Combo, a Proflex, a Marin, a bullseye hub, a plethora of old tyres ( including porcs), a Fred Williams road bike and he's still looking !
I think the retro bug has bitten him big time !
:LOL:

A very productive afternoon !
The stem did not want to come out and required a fair amount of GT85 and "persuasion", when it finally gave up it was pretty messy inside, not sure if I'll reuse the existing stem as I want something slightly shorter with more of a angle on it.
The bottom bracket didn't come out ! I'll take it to the LBS see if they can get it out, I might replace it anyway.
The headset popped out no problem! thanks to everyone for their advice, in the end we used a round bar two taps and they were out, the bottom cup on the forks needed a bit of encouragement. :LOL:
So now I have a pile of parts ready to be cleaned, the chainset is in lovely condition and there doesn't seem to be a great deal of wear to the biopace rings.
The front and rear mechs are both tidy with little if no damage, i'm tempted to look out for XT versions but i'm not sure yet.
The brakes yet again a very clean, I have been looking at some Paul Components touring canti's in black and re-using the Deore on my Bear Valley not period correct so that may be frowned upon !
At least it's started ! I've a fair amount to do over the winter to get it ready for spring ! :shock:

Attachments

• Paloma012.jpg
    Paloma012.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 426
  • Paloma013.jpg
    Paloma013.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 426

Very cool. :cool:

You dont see those straight bladed forks often.

Back