1988 Fisher Procalibre F&F UK!

Antstark

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
my unicorn as well. (check my tribute build)
tange prestige quad butted with the press fit bb and 16 inch climbing stays.
this one gets listed, re-listed, re-listed ad nauseum as I think he just wants too much for it. trouble is, there's not a lot of love for the old fishers and its most definitely a buyers market. that said if this was a 18 inch and 100 quid it would be sat in my shed.
any potential buyer will have to find 1 1/4 roller stem, bulge prestige bars, avocet saddle and a pair of fisher fattrax, not to mention the uber rare super hard anodised rm20,s, xt u brake and the impossible to find bb axle (although there is a certain member on here who has a couple of nos ones stashed away).
its worth every penny of 200 quid.....if it wasn't a fisher. shame really this was the frame that showed the mountain biking world what race frames should be like.
interesting to note it has been either mis-described in the ad or its not a procal (im pretty sure it is though)
1 inch headset-wrong, 1 1 1/4 on this puppy.
bb threads clean- wrong, (it doesnt have a threaded bb.)
fillet brazed lugs- wrong, it should be tig welded

Not sure how I missed that if it has been relisted so many times :facepalm: . Took me just over 18 months to get hold of the alloy bulge bars and fattrax for my CR7.. so you are right... its not a build for the faint hearted. Reckon finding the correct rhino stem would be almost impossible.

Chute55uk":2zop3gsk said:
my unicorn as well. (check my tribute build)
tange prestige quad butted with the press fit bb and 16 inch climbing stays.
this one gets listed, re-listed, re-listed ad nauseum as I think he just wants too much for it. trouble is, there's not a lot of love for the old fishers and its most definitely a buyers market. that said if this was a 18 inch and 100 quid it would be sat in my shed.
any potential buyer will have to find 1 1/4 roller stem, bulge prestige bars, avocet saddle and a pair of fisher fattrax, not to mention the uber rare super hard anodised rm20,s, xt u brake and the impossible to find bb axle (although there is a certain member on here who has a couple of nos ones stashed away).
its worth every penny of 200 quid.....if it wasn't a fisher. shame really this was the frame that showed the mountain biking world what race frames should be like.
interesting to note it has been either mis-described in the ad or its not a procal (im pretty sure it is though)
1 inch headset-wrong, 1 1 1/4 on this puppy.
bb threads clean- wrong, (it doesnt have a threaded bb.)
fillet brazed lugs- wrong, it should be tig welded

There are subtle differences between the one on this page

http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 05-40.html

and the one in the ebay ad. "Fisher" is all in the red section whereas this one in the link above has it crossing into the yellow, as does the catalogue on here.

And the photos in the ad allow for extreme close ups and you can make out the BB threads I think - though I believe the shell could have been tapped?

And no Prestige decal...

This one's been on my watch list for ages, but I doubt I will ever justify it, as I have frames I like even more sat around waiting to be built up.

not tet built, japan tange. I think tom only did the mt tam in this era but could be wrong. if the bb shell has been tapped out....good luck with that as its an 88mm wide shell :shock: (well it is on mine anyway)
just for historical information this model procaliber (if it is a procaliber) was issued to the teams in 87 and 88 (I raced in '87 and '88 for the fisher uk team as a 'junior class racer') which effectively meant we were given the cast offs from the elite racers, bikes, kit ect. the team was ran by an Australian guy called greg who was director of bike uk (a bike shop chain in the 80's.) I worked in the Acton branch in London as a mechanic.
bike uk were the sole importers also selling cannondale and specialized as well.
back to the bike, the frame should be Tange prestige quad butted with an ovalised seat tube where it meets the bb shell (this one is) but the 87 hookooekoo looked the same, same u brake, same oval seat tube shot in seat stays but was made from true temper ox tubing. the rhino stem on the procal was flatter than the hkek but it would be relatively easy to fake one. (look at my tribute build)
gut feeling tells me this one is legit, the paint fades were in different places according to the frame size, for example where the black goes to red on the seat tube on an 18 inch it is between the bottle bosses, but on a 20 its below the bottom boss, the reason I think this one is genuine is A, whats the point in faking one now? theres no market for it you would be better trying to fake a dogs or a yo, B, the decals, they are right, right font, right patina, right size ect. you cant buy the decals, anywhere, I had to get mine from gil who had to draw them from scratch based on photo's I sent him and that was 3 month ago.
Vernier will tell the truth on this one, however its all a bit moot as it wont sell and will be relisted at 180bin in a months time :LOL:
and no, I wont be buying it, Ive discovered my fsr ground control :shock:

Back