Overbury's Pioneer - Built in Bristol works like clockwork !

Re: Overbury's Pioneer - Built in Bristol runs like clockwor

Cool mate, really looking forward to it..... :cool:

Looking forward to both the builds. Quality starting points, so no need to rush, looking forward to how these develop

Just got to check the clearance on the chain stays to see if I can get a 2.1 in without getting too close, otherwise that nice new paint will get worn off pretty quick !

I've used 2.1's for years, and of late I've been using Panaracer XC Fire Pro's. Almost by accident I got some 1.8's, and to be honest they have been just as good, if not better than the 2.1's.

If you go for something like the Charge Splashbacks, they come up wide and 1.8's are all you need.

I have also been trying some 1.8 Schwalbe Nobby Nic's, which have been almost useless on everything except my Dekerf Mountain. On that they are absolutely superb.

Confused? Me too.

Bryncrug72":q8yqmb0i said:
Just got to check the clearance on the chain stays to see if I can get a 2.1 in without getting too close, otherwise that nice new paint will get worn off pretty quick !

Ive used panaracer timbuk IIs from jeff at first flight bikes, Excellent tyres, or I have had some great success with a pair of Specialized Ground Control Extremes too. Both fit with no problem and wear well, without any rubbing to the chainstays.

As I have said I think this bike is really cool, and given your Signature Statement, and Your Love For Bristolian Retro.

I think the coolest thing you could do, is Two sets of Studio Photos, One set clean and One set Muddy all against a black background and well lit.
Use the pics and make it into a Retrobike Poster and even a limited Run of Tee-Shirts, with your Signiture Underneath.

Easy to do, worth the effort, Minimal cost, and A legendary Statement, and Something that will be remembered.

Its this sort of Marketing the Firm needed BITD,

"OVERBURYS...HANDbuilt in BRISTOL and Runs like CloCkWoRk"

Timeless. Class. Cool........Help the Name live ON.

Id BUY it, and im sure others would Too.

I've got a 2.1 Michelin I'll try that first, see if its close, Looking at tyres I might go for either the smokes or the timbuk II's and keep them for best and get a pair of splashbacks for "everyday" use as they are in abundance and pretty cheap now on flea bay, how do you feel about the splashbacks ?

sinnerman":2paq2bfr said:
As I have said I think this bike is really cool, and given your Signature Statement, and Your Love For Bristolian Retro.

I think the coolest thing you could do, is Two sets of Studio Photos, One set clean and One set Muddy all against a black background and well lit.
Use the pics and make it into a Retrobike Poster and even a limited Run of Tee-Shirts, with your Signiture Underneath.

Easy to do, worth the effort, Minimal cost, and A legendary Statement, and Something that will be remembered.

That's a great idea!
I've been looking at the old Overbury's adverts these last few days, perhaps do it before I make it one handed ?

Bryncrug72":3750xndu said:
sinnerman":3750xndu said:

That's a great idea!
I've been looking at the old Overbury's adverts these last few days, perhaps do it before I make it one handed ?

You may want build it with modern parts too as a rider, I don't know?
but if you need any retro parts to assemble it for Studio pics let me know and I gather together anything you might need and send it over.

P.s, mate you are a Legend, I cannot fathom how you manage one handed, but the fact you do and are here speaks Volumes to me.

I take my hat off to you.

:cool:

Ride Retro, Ride British....Its in Our Blood. Rule Britannia..

Back