Only to be ridden in the dark! Why? See link............

uuuummmm, yeah. not liking that! :shock:

not completely surprised by the look/geometry though, seem to remember this sort of style came in for a while in the triathlon world, pretty strange though, also a bit of a miss matched groupset.

Can anyone explain the (real or imagined) advantages of having a frame like that? Assuming that the original owner didn't have a 46" inside leg, that is.

well it's 650c wheels so isn't as big as it looks, but the idea is that it's aero in its position but relatively comfortable because the bar assembly is relatively high, the steep seat angle puts you over the BB shell aswel.

i understand the idea behind the bike but it is still hideous! :LOL:

Ah - didn't clock the seat tube angle at first. But surely the higher bar makes it less aerodynamic? And if it was built for time-trialling, comfort wouldn't be a major consideration?

yeah but it's a triathlon bike, meant for iron man type events, a full on super low TT position would be considered to extreme after a 1 mile swim and then a marathon afterward, the idea with these style of bikes was to get reasonably aero but also remain comfortable something which is hard on a normal TT bike.

There was also a fashion for 650 wheels in Triathlon...apparently they were faster... :facepalm:

Does that ring any bells??? :LOL:

It is 650 whheks but frame bikt for tallish person at 6ft to explain the odd lokk.

But stilk wrong as thd front is quite high.

Bitd when i was tting i had tt bike with 650 front and 700 c rear with skoping top tube that alkowed you wekk ne in this case tk get quite low . But this frame doesn't

Back