my new xc workhorse (cannondale m800 beast of the east)

zed

Retro Guru
I went out wed morning for a few hours few the heath, she rode great, ill leave her as is at the mo, im turning my trusty kilauea into a single speeder, so this is my new xc machine, :D
paul

konakilauea007-1.jpg

konakilauea004-1.jpg

the guy who origianly owned it told me they are shockteck, i still have no more info on them im afraid, they work ok, well on little bumps, abit harsh on big bumps :LOL: i will fit rigid when i get some,

paul

on my ride yesterday,
konakilauea003-2.jpg

Nice ride.

I've always thought that those bottle mounts on the underside of the downtube are in the craziest place. Imagine if your local trail is used by dogs as well (as it probably is)? :shock:

But where else do you put a cage on small frames?

lol, yuk :( i dont think ill use it much , unless on a very long haul, i manly use a camalback, but i prefer to use the cages as have back ploblems, looks different down there, but i know what you mean :D

Beast of the East

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help, I've just bought my 'Beast of the East' which I'm renovating. I'm pretty much a novice, but could someone tell me what suspension forks will fit it, as I have the Peporoni forks as standard, but I'd like the Shocktek that Zed has, or similar, can anyone tell me where I'd get some. Also what bar stem is on Zed's?

Many thanks for your help.

Steve :LOL: [/b]

Hi mate, heres a more recent pic of my beast, the shoktechs work great, not as good as new ones but ok, the stem is a i-beam 1inch by club roost , and ive got straight bars on it again now, not not sure of make, but nice and short, pm me and we can sort something out, any pics of your beast :D

paul

konakilauea004-3.jpg

Nice!!

Wow, you've done a great job,....looks stunning. I'll sort some pics out in the next couple of days, these will be before and after pics as I've not started working on the beast yet.
I bought it off a mate, who'd owned it from new, and has never changed anything, it's in good condition too, as he's always looked after it.
Thanks for the info on the stem..I'll check out Ebay and see if I can find one.

Cheers

Steve :D

Back