Fat Chance 1992 Yo Eddy Rebuild

Well in my hunt for decals I came across VeloCals, they interested me as they offer a very thin option – hopefully my best chance I have to get them to disappear under the lacquer … :cool:

I had a look on their site and ordered some colour swatches to find my perfect combination, it turned out to be different than I was expecting so it was defo a worthwhile exercise ;-)

My camera defo doesn't do purple / pinks / blues very well though, they look a lot different in real life / with the naked eye … :-?

I settled on 'Plum' for my main colour as it is very, very close to the king purple I am trying to match and it is the most similar to other purple / violet anodising from other manufacturers that I had samples of :

I was tempted with grey outlines to match the Ti forks / bars / post but decided on black anyway :LOL:

Once that was decided I contacted VeloCals as I couldn't configure the exact colour options I wanted from their website. Christine was 'very' helpful and reconfigured part of the website to give me more options (check out sku 135 :cool:), but that didn’t stop me asking more questions … :oops: :LOL:

Christine said it wasn't a problem and said to itemise my requirement in an email and she would ensure it got sorted :cool:

Order placed and info sent :

If delivery is as good as the samples I ordered, I should have them in less than two weeks :cool:

The modified bottle and front mech roller bosses turned up – thanks Rampage (again !) :cool: :

They are now a perfect match to the existing / original types :

I couldn't decide on pedals but spotted these in Evans (I had a gift voucher … :LOL:)

Being plastic bodied they should look good for a while without showing wear or scuffs etc :D

I have already swapped the pins for stainless and I will be having some pedal washers and end caps made in ally (Rampage :cool:) and then anodised (Rampage :cool:) in purple to add some colour in this area :D

WD :D

I've ordered some decals fron Velocals and they were very good! Very thin and perfect underneath some lacquer!

That's good to know :cool: Can you remember which thickness you went for ? Did you pay the extra for the 1mil versions ?

Cheers,

WD :D

You have extremely good skills, but you destroyed a frame just to put disc brakes in it? seriously? what a shame... You had a priceless frame, now you have a frankenstein perfectly executed frame... Triple facepalm for this.

MaLóL":x4ogczq4 said:
You have extremely good skills, but you destroyed a frame just to put disc brakes in it? seriously? what a shame... You had a priceless frame, now you have a frankenstein perfectly executed frame... Triple facepalm for this.

did you read the entire thread? WD does explain his reasons, i also questioned it, a little less bluntly though i think, but i understood his reasons once explained. the frame has already been worked on and repainted so wasn't completely original as such.

at the end of the day it's his frame to do with as he wants, while this is not something i'd do, i think it will be a really awesome rebuild once done.

:)

MaLóL":1zsutoco said:
So let's think about it, if one puts so much effort into it, that shows how much he estimates this frame. ;) I'm pretty sure it will be quite unique.

Back