*** Chris Herting's Custom 1988-1989 Yeti Fro ***

Give its own Patna all over again, its good to hear your goina use it.. :cool:

Hell yeah.... taking it out now. The rear wheel pictured in the "out of studio" pic now resides in the vintage grave yard. Exploded a couple weeks ago....

theproscloset":pgl1ynfp said:
Hell yeah.... taking it out now. The rear wheel pictured in the "out of studio" pic now resides in the vintage grave yard. Exploded a couple weeks ago....

Grab a camera and take it with you, Can never have too many pics on this site...

theproscloset":1fzhdok1 said:
I can & will make use of the stem, that is why I still have it.

Right now I am just riding the bike with the T Bone because it handles "better".

Lovely build - gets my vote for BOTM :)
If you decide you don't have a use for that Cook's stem - I have a perfect 86 FRO in need of a nice high rise Cooks :)
Reminds me, still need to find a headset for it as well - the King I have is far too modern :(

Thanks for your interest and support... I will let you know if / when I decide to sell the stem. Right now I am holding fast on it to keep the integrity of this bike together. As other projects arise, things change.

Going to be making some changes but first wanted to photo the bike as it currently sits.

YetiwithTiogaDisk-8.jpg

YetiwithTiogaDisk-7.jpg

YetiwithTiogaDisk-3.jpg

YetiwithTiogaDisk-2.jpg

YetiwithTiogaDisk-4.jpg

YetiwithTiogaDisk-12.jpg

Changes being made:

Looking for a white 88-89 perforated Turbo saddle and white Shimano SIS housing.

Does anyone know if the Shimano 732 brakes will be period correct for 89? When did they switch from 730-732? I read through Silverfish's brilliant 87 Fro build but his is earlier.

Turned out the EDCO headset that slimjoe helped out with was a 1" not BMX sizing so it didn't fit. Thinking I'll go with a GT Epoch BMX headset in black. On the lookout for the alloy version.

Thinking of building up a bullseye wheelset to accent the cranks.

theproscloset":3hyp74sq said:
Does anyone know if the Shimano 732 brakes will be period correct for 89? When did they switch from 730-732? I read through Silverfish's brilliant 87 Fro build but his is earlier.

M732 canti's came out in 89 :)

Back