Jobs that require CSCS cards

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i see this in some of the jobs i'm looking to apply for:

'WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WITH CSCS CARDS'

looked into this a little but can't really figure out how i go about getting one of these without doing on the job training or some apprenticship course? [which is basically impossible for someone like me i think - full time employed and 29]....

An easy test to pass. The whole scheme was to divert attention away from the fact that the big companies were caught fixing contract prices.

Here is an example question:

Q. You have to move a gallon of diesel across site. Do you use:

A. Your hard hat.
B. Your pockets.
C. A labeled and correct diesel container.
D. Your cupped hands.

I'm sure there are trailers loaded up with the necessary computers and examiners going from region to region.

I work in IT and had to do this to access the site, simple.
Pick the most obvious safest cover your ass trust no-one answer.

It's a 55 minute multiple choice test with a scenario but. Took me 9 minutes to finish and got 50 out of 50.

http://www.quizglobal.com/ViewQuizByID.aspx?QuizID=604

I only needed the operatives test, the type a foreign painter and decorator could get.

It's piss easy to get the card if you work on site, but you can be caught out if you haven't worked in that sort of environment before - for example knowing what voltage building sites use etc.

There is a book you can read to revise, which is probably the most cost effective way of doing it if you're not sure, especially if you can get it at the library.

Remember the test is designed to let the less intelligently gifted of us work legally on site so if you can walk without falling over you should be alright!

Have a look at the website as to where you can take the test, there's loads of places now - I did my last one in the local Wickes car park.

P.s. I found a way around your bellendian ways.... ;)

glad you did!
is it worth doing this test (seems to cost not a lot), seems it would open a few more avenues for me to venture down for a new job...???

Back