Walvale Frames

Campaghunter

Dirt Disciple
I am restoring two 1980's handbuilt Walvale frames that were made for me in the early 80s. They are both immaculate and the builder was called Norman Roberts. The shop was in Walton Vale in Liverpool.

I wondered if anyone knew if he was still alive ? I wanted to send him a picture of the two bikes, one being ridden by my son to show the bikes lived on.

Any help much appreciated.

As far as I am aware he is...I helped a Liverpool based-friend with the restoration of a Soens frame last year.

I don't have his contact details to hand though.

Jon.

I remember the Walvale Cycles shop in Walton, Liverpool. I too have an old frame that I am restoring that was made there in the early 1980s. However the framebuilder of mine of mine was Billy Witcomb, and the bike is a 700c Cleland prototype off-roader designed by Geoff Apps.

I am afraid that I don't know anything of what became of Norman Roberts but wish you luck with your search. Maybe you could also make inquiries here.

http://merseysidebicycles.blogspot.co.uk

Thanks very much for the swift replies. I am new to the forum so really appreciate it. I remember visiting Walvale as a teenager watching Norman build the frames, I think Bill may have come later but not sure.

I will try the link and let you know how I get on.

Any details on how to contact Norman Roberts much appreciated.

I also remember Harry Quinn, RJ Quinn, Dave Lloyd, Pete Matthews, James Fothergill (parents had Lancaster Specials), Dave Lloyd, Cougar, Soens, probably forgotten a few more.

You should be able to contact Norman via C&G finishes in Liverpool. Last I time I spoke to him he was still doing a bit of repair work for them.

Re: Norman Roberts

Hi I am Norman Roberts grandaughter. I'm interested in buying a had built frame, built by my grandad who sadly past away January 2016, after a long battle with cancer. Can you recommend what sites to look on, I check eBay often but no luck. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Norman Roberts

charl17":vvqa9f25 said:
Hi I am Norman Roberts grandaughter. I'm interested in buying a had built frame, built by my grandad who sadly past away January 2016, after a long battle with cancer. Can you recommend what sites to look on, I check eBay often but no luck. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

sorry to hear re your Grandfather , he was and still is well respected and another great frame builder

Have you seen this one ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Walvale-racin ... 1438.l2649

would love to hear some stories and memoirs from your Grandad on my Facebook page In Appreciation of Merseysidebikes

martin

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back