NWA regional ride: Coniston & Grizedale ~ 22/09/13

I woke up Sunday and much to my surprise I could move my legs! Even bigger surprise when I looked out the window and saw sunshine. Repeat performance of Saturday - breakfast, put MTB together and off to the Bluebird cafe. I was met by a slightly jaded and sleep deprived pair of retrobikers. Seems the snoring chorus were in the same youth hostel dorm!

Soon we were joined by elPedro, Mr Ship and his phenomenal fat bike - those tyres just roar and the tearing noise over the rough stuff is terrifying! A really good fun route followed with some great climbs. I was phased by some of the terrain - I am just not used to rocks and slate. The quarry was pretty awesome - big scary hole in the ground and I wasn't going anywhere near the edge.

We climbed (climbing featured a lot over the weekend) over to the edge of Grizedale and from the fire roads dropped into some of the red routes of what I assume is the North Face Trail. These are terrific fun on a retro, I even got a bit of air! The visitor centre was to be my final stop for a bite to eat. The command module met me, bike packed into the car and we headed back South. Arrived home about 9 pm.

Sorry I had to split at lunchtime guys and thanks for such a fantastic weekends riding. I will certainly be going back and am looking forward to the Forest of Dean.

All the best: Chris.

Really glad that you could make it along for the weekend Chris.
It's a shame you missed out on the riding after the lunch stop. I'm sure you would've enjoyed the climb all the way back up to the top of Grizedale Forest.

The decent was ace though.

See you at the FoD.

A good day in good company

The picture below was the view they enjoyed ;)

Attachments

• P1040169.JPG
    P1040169.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,272
  • P1040172.JPG
    P1040172.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,272
Back