Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re: East Coast Rides Thread

Aye, for a guy who has no good local trails he sure managed to put together a top ride.
Soup stop half way round grand, although the legs took a bit of getting going afterwards. Trails in Muiravonside country park were fantastic, fast and twisty, as was the final descent in Calendar park.
Avoided McD's on the way home (only as queue was too big).

Thanks again for the tour ZZ.

could not have done today anroads but would be up for a run round your way in the future ZZ- sounds good.

Fab days riding on loads of old school trails but its near killed me :LOL:

A lesson to us all, no section of MacRetro is out of bounds, you can peek in EastCoast rides if you like, its not an obscure subsection. Only takes a minute to find what you want. Falkirks no in the west either so East Coast Rides seemed as good a place to post the thread as any ;)

Since the east coast extends along the shores of the Firth of Forth, then technically Falkirk comes under the domain of the East Coast thread. So you are correct velo. :cool: :LOL:
In reality I see it as part of the DMZ between the Weegies of the west and us Fifers in the east (us Fifers are the most numerous ye ken, neebur), it belongs to neither but both happy it's there as a buffty, er buffer zone. :mrgreen:

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm rippin the pish. ;)

have to make this a regular trip ZZ.

take it everyone made it out without any knife/gun fights ?

Just.

There were 3 yoofs behaving strangely, but we gave them a wide berth. Solvent abuse probably. Or inbreeding.

It's a fair old day out, especially if you include the cafe stop (and it'd be rude not to).

How was Aviemore?

t'was great. brill weather, cake, drinks, food sauna.

shona managed two 7k runs as well and i did a few trundles on the singlespeed which was braw.

PS got the lads from work due to come over to kelty this weekend (not sure which day) - i was hoping to get them across before it turned muddy but thing i have missed that boat lol.

retrobikers welcome of course - will post up details later in the week, could do them saturday and we could maybe do cambusbarron or pentlands or lomonds sunday as well if any interest ?

So Kelty initiation run for a coupla Edinburgh lads this saturday. Meeting 10am at Blairadam for tour of the loops. All welcome.

I'll either be oot to play on Saturday or Sunday - need to run this one past the boss.

Back