Knowing you're getting old on a build

Tazio

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Currently stripping a frame and transferring the parts onto another.

In the past I did this with all the essential tools needed.

Now the most essential things I need is to remember both my pairs of glasses. Normal ones and my reading glasses for fiddly bits. There are screws and nuts on bits of the bike I can barely see now without my readers.

twain":ak50pm5t said:
is there a 'justgiving' page you can link us to?! :p

Right now I'd be happy if someone would just give me a chain tool as I can't find mine!! :(

I am getting better as I get older, I used to hate my dad saying things like 'a place for everything and everything in its place' :)

Now I am turning into him, I have to get really organised before I start something, plan, plan and plan. The trouble is though I am getting too cautious :oops:

Bitd I was incredibly quick, strong, efficient and experienced doing all these strips down / builds. Having to relearn a lot of the old tricks and I take my time now as I'm not keen on skinning knuckles or bits if brake cable sticking in me :LOL:

M-Power":1jrzpck4 said:
Bitd I was incredibly quick, strong, efficient and experienced doing all these strips down / builds. Having to relearn a lot of the old tricks and I take my time now as I'm not keen on skinning knuckles or bits if brake cable sticking in me :LOL:

OUCH - the old brake cable splinters :(

Tazio":1sxfcnel said:
Now the most essential things I need is to remember both my pairs of glasses. Normal ones and my reading glasses for fiddly bits.

I don't wear regular glasses, so having glasses on hand is foreign. With the reading glasses I now need I either didn't have available when I needed them or misplaced them. Solution was to put a pair everywhere. One on my desk at home, one on my desk at work, one on my workbench in the garage, and one in the glove box of the car.

FMJ":mof10u45 said:
Tazio":mof10u45 said:
Now the most essential things I need is to remember both my pairs of glasses. Normal ones and my reading glasses for fiddly bits.

I don't wear regular glasses, so having glasses on hand is foreign. With the reading glasses I now need I either didn't have available when I needed them or misplaced them. Solution was to put a pair everywhere. One on my desk at home, one on my desk at work, one on my workbench in the garage, and one in the glove box of the car.

+a pair on every machine, a pair of each strength in my trouser pockets and a tool box draw that is now full of broken or scratched pairs that I can make another pair from if needed. I often find I have 3 or more pairs on my head. I use strength for looking at stuff 18inches away, another set for 12" away and bother pairs for close up. Oh yes I buy them in different frame colors for the different strengths.
Then I have the unfeasibly large ones I picked up, they are great for welding, if they slip down my nose I am still looking through them.
Glasses are a real pain and I have no idea how people manage who have worn them all their lives. Just looked behind my monitor 11 pairs, all a bit scratched.

widowmaker":1gqgb3is said:
I have to get really organised before I start something, plan, plan and plan.

It's no use me planning out the work for the day, by the time I get from the house to the garage I've forgotten what the plan was.

Try two pairs of glasses at once! one for astigmatism with readers tucked behind them. Not a good look. Very Professor Brainstawm.

And bending down........................ :facepalm:

Attachments

• brnstwm.gif
    brnstwm.gif
    18 KB · Views: 460
Back