Mystery MArin (Pine Mountain?) frame no bids

Yeah, Tange Chromoly, these lower end frames didn't have that much in the way of butting... Bear Valley (one up the range) had butted seat stays...

Great geometry though... my first MTB was a new 94 Palisades... had it for about two weeks before chopping it in for an Indian Fire Trail!

I might have to get my 95 Pine Mountain back off Kingoffootball soon I'd forgotten he had it until this thread popped up :oops:

From memory Chris, steel Marin range was (low to high)

Hawk Hill (Gas Pipe!)
Bobcat Trail
Muirwoods
Palisades Trail
Bear Valley
Bear Valley SE (Ooooh... basically STX RC instead of plain old STX)
Eldridge Grade
Pine Mountain
Team Marin (Getting into Prestige tubing...)
Team Issue

Which all means fourth in the range - not my original punt of third! :D

Nah its singlespeed now there's only Will thats fit enough to ride the bloody thing round here :LOL:

chrisv40":3ewjs8zc said:
Nah its singlespeed now there's only Will thats fit enough to ride the bloody thing round here :LOL:

:) It's a lovely frame. I'd say it feels better than anything else I've yet ridden down the Halloween Tree Dodge. I'll have to take the Zaskar down there next time I can.

ringo":22hx3dgk said:
From memory Chris, steel Marin range was (low to high)

Hawk Hill (Gas Pipe!)
Bobcat Trail
Muirwoods
Palisades Trail
Bear Valley
Bear Valley SE (Ooooh... basically STX RC instead of plain old STX)
Eldridge Grade
Pine Mountain
Team Marin (Getting into Prestige tubing...)
Team Issue

Which all means fourth in the range - not my original punt of third! :D

I think the BV se had the forged marin lite stem as a token gesture. The team marin had/has tange ultimate tubing. Above the issue model iirc. Great year for marin though, they were all worth owning and had the nice tin head tube badge. Paintwork easily touched up with almost any chanpagne silver by holts. :)

Latest posts

Back