Show us yer FSR's

Recently acquired a FSR (98/99) Ground control frame.

Which fork to go for ? was looking at SR Suntour XCR Lo - will it be ok?

Doing the bike up on the budget - would love to have Rock Shox or Fox but they are £££

craggers":1u4i40i9 said:

Doing the bike up on the budget - would love to have Rock Shox or Fox but they are £££

Keep your eyes on ebay and for a set of Manitou Triple Clamp X-Vert. good value and great fork for the FSR, Cheaper than RS Junior T's.

Here is my FSR Extreme currently being built up.

:D

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376747006_102514.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376747006_102514.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 2,124
Jussa":3cfmmdec said:
craggers":3cfmmdec said:

Keep your eyes on ebay and for a set of Manitou Triple Clamp X-Vert. good value and great fork for the FSR, Cheaper than RS Junior T's.

Look good - have they got front disc mount ? I'm swapping bit from my old broken hard tail MTB over to FSR.

Was thinking of this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SR-SUNTOUR-XC ... 1347152339

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
craggers":2x8oyhi2 said:
Jussa":2x8oyhi2 said:
craggers":2x8oyhi2 said:

Look good - have they got front disc mount ? I'm swapping bit from my old broken hard tail MTB over to FSR.

Was thinking of this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SR-SUNTOUR-XC ... 1347152339

They do have a disc mount, to be honest FSR's will accomodate a selection of forks as you can see from this thread, however they seem to be better with a longer forks, like Triple Clamp RS or Manitou etc, but I see no reason why you cant go down another route, I did try a set of RST's on my FSR but wasnt happy as the front end seemed to sit very low, the position and handling now seems more comfortable, It does come down to personal choice so what may be good for me may not be good for you.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with your search :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I may be wrong - triple clamp more suited to D/H ride ? As I normally ride at Cannock Chase (and Sherwood Pines) and want the bike to be good at all rounder i.e. climbing and decent.

Would be difficult to say as I never rode FSR !

Re:

O1i1":o4jyij16 said:
Great forum, love the old FSR's, just bought a 2000 Shaun Palmer Team DH, building it up from scratch
fsr7.jpg
I'm working my way through this tread and I've just done a sex wee! :shock:

Back