My 1998 Kona Hei Hei

It's not solely intended as a road option, I have another build on the go, a single speed/fixed Kilauea, not for the purist but prety smart, that will be my main commute/road bike, this will be running slicks, the Hei Hei will be used mostly off road, but I loved the way it's looking and felt the need to share it. :roll:

Anthony":1reh3xkk said:
Cass":1reh3xkk said:
I'm no expert in such matters, but I'm running on non supension adjusted P2's at the moment, and not being on the tall side I find the bike fits pretty well for me and Ti P2s would just finish it off nicely.
Those P2s are the standard 41cm length used from 94 onwards and they seem to give you a pretty steep head angle, which you obviously like. But I think what Geoff means is that most of the ti P2s were made prior to 94 and would be 38cm, and that really would give you a very steep (and low) front end.

Even speaking as a Kona enthusiast, I have to say that a Pace RC30 or 31 is more worthy of the frame that a steel P2.

The 92 Ti P2 that I have is 395mm axle to crown, and he could get away with it. I was using it on my 97 KK and it handled just fine. But try to find one!!

Absolutely no idea, but it's very light and very fast. Finished it last weekend and to be honest I've only had a chance to ride it once as we've just had a baby and my paternity leave finished so had to go back to work and haven't quite had the energy to ride in yet.

They're Pauls Motolite, they are simply lovely, very light and work well too, got them from the US, couldn't find any in the UK, but you might pick some up on here occasionally. Bit pricey but cheaper than XTR.

Very Nice

Rocking a 97 HeiHei KingKahuna myself.
With those brakes U could get a 700c wheelset for an even faster commute !
Cheers

Back