It broke but I got a new one - Topeak Tool

gmjgreg7

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I was replacing a tyre last week, using the levers from my Topeak mini tool, when one of the levers snapped - which I thought was a bit rubbish considering it was only the second time I'd used it!

Anyway I got in touch with Topeak's UK agents (Extrauk.co.uk) with a quick email to explain the above, along with a sad picture of the broken lever. To be honest I didn't expect to hear back, but I was delighted when I got an email early the next morning to ask for my postal address so that they could send a replacement lever out to me.

I guess the lever only costs a few pence and they probably have hundreds of the things lying around, but to send it out free of charge with no quibbling over purchase receipts etc. (I bought the tool about 5 years ago) struck me as really great customer service.

To be honest though it is even more impressive because there was a slight issue with the message I sent them, I'd said something along the lines of:
"My Topeak mini tool tyre lever has just broken.
[Inserted image of broken lever]
... please could you let me know if it is possible to get hold of a replacement.
Kind regards,
Greg
Address etc..."
They only received the section of the email above the image, but they still got back really quickly with their great response.

Anyway, thought it was worth sharing with you guys.

-Greg

There! That restores some belief in the care of customers after their cash is safely in the till. Nice one Top Peak.

I like their kit, I have two rear mudguards, a back light that seems to keep going when all others end up in the bin, a rear pannier and an 'Alien' multi tool that I have had for probably 8 years which I tightened the hinges on last week and feels as good as new again.

Is it "top-peek", "too-peek" or "toe-peek"? I always had similar problems with Tange, Sakae and Swobo, among others.

Back