1988 Saracen Blizzard

Just seen that list has 24" frame size. Imagine how tall you would have to be for that!

Classic stuff, nice build Paul.

Still think Apollo made the best Blizzard.

coomber":va2909kq said:
Just seen that list has 24" frame size. Imagine how tall you would have to be for that!

According to most Raleigh dealers around this time probably around 5'6".

John":pr50ja7j said:
coomber":pr50ja7j said:

According to most Raleigh dealers around this time probably around 5'6".

Absolutely hilarious. Because it's true.

A couple of shots from yesterday's ride in the Forest of Dean.

Also fitted a Saracen Mountain saddle which arrived from Saracen Steve a couple of days ago.

Blizzard24.jpg

Blizzard25.jpg

Blizzard26.jpg

I am really impressed with my latest Saracen. It rides brilliantly even if the wheelbase is a bit long. The high front end is really similar to the position on my modern bikes and despite being a bit heavy, makes for a good comfortable all day ride bike.
I'm on the look out for another one of a similar vintage now...

Funny you mention that James. I almost had that 91 Trekker Hydrotech complete and was going ride it on Saturday. I was missing an inner chainring though. (not that I ever use them but it would look odd without it)
I did however manage a very short test ride around the block on Friday afternoon. The wheelbase is pretty short but the stem is ridiculous. My arms were so far over the front wheel that I felt like Graeme Obree.

I'm not sure that I'm going to get on with it...

Paul

For the rust - try

http://www.bilthamber.com/corrosion-treatments/deox-gel

degrease as much as possible first, then apply in a lump and it should take back to bare metal (even quite pitted steel comes fairly smooth) - may take a couple of goes.

It's much much better than converters - kurust, etc.

That makes me wish I'd ridden the courier at FOD - mind you i wouldn't have got my special award :LOL:

And

Looks great with the original saddle. if you are looking for another saracen similar vintage i can really recommend the 88 trekker.
steve

Back