'87 Cannondale (or should I say "Haringdale"?)

Thanks fellas :D , frustratingly it's going to be some time before I can ride it as finding an XC9000 group set is proving to be quite hard. I’ve found the easy parts but the roller cams, shifters are proving to be elusive and the front mech is another story… :roll: I think this might turn into one of the longest Wanted threads yet (hopefully not). Anyone got any idea what BB axle length these used? 122.5mm?

Thought I'd put all the components together and take a picture as I want to get started on the wheels. Can't use the roller cams and they're missing some bit (springs, tension bolts etc) and the front mech doesn't fit... but we're getting there :cool: pre-1988 RM20's.JPG 1987 XC9000 groupo.JPG

Last edited:
Vinevo":3a3v27jn said:
Nice hoops mister! :cool:

Why, thank you :LOL: . Proper palava to getting them to the UK as the seller would only ship the within the US, so I had to ask a colleague in Connecticut to send them on. Should have some photos on them finished sometime next week/week after.

This is gonna look so sweet when assembled.....
I'm just off to inspect the dropout on mine now to see who initialed it?

Wheels are finished and I'm really pleased :D . Nothing fancy; DT Swiss straight gauge spokes, 3 cross pattern and brass nipples.

Managed to find some NOS hubs, so I didn't use clockd's in the end and those were 130mm OLD, so they still needed to be modified to 135mm. I'm not totally happy with the 3x3mm washer/spacers but for now they'll do but if anyone has a nice clean 9mm washer please let me know. Freewheel.JPG

Attachments

• Rear wheel.JPG
    Rear wheel.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 421
  • Front wheel_1.JPG
    Front wheel_1.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 420
  • Wheelset.JPG
    Wheelset.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
Back