Bike Smuggling - Overburys Pioneer 3 Hour Build.

The History Man":232fyrfo said:
Neither am I so you'll have to explain your point.

The whole bike had usable period correct parts, with shifters etc, would have been an easy transplant for no money, if you haven't started to build your Alves. (although this confused me as I thought you had said you had.... :? )

Not building yet. Been gathering suitably offensive v brakes, alivio, etc. :mrgreen:

It'll be right up your street. Hope you like it. I'm sure you'll let us know if you don't. Or do.

Will start a thread now.

TTFN.

Well, my thanks to LGF and Daj for their efforts with my wheels. Three hours polishing pleasure and now black LX mavics fitted as is black 42T and XT U. Also removed QR seat clamp to clean up lines.

That really is it for now........... Unless? Crantinope ;)

The grass is holding up all 25lb of blackness.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 316
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 316
The History Man":1amjy453 said:
Well, my thanks to LGF and Daj for their efforts with my wheels. Three hours polishing pleasure and now black LX mavics fitted as is black 42T and XT U. Also removed QR seat clamp to clean up lines.

That really is it for now........... Unless? Crantinope ;)

The grass is holding up all 25lb of blackness.

Glad to see you got the wheels in the end. Slowly evolving correctly..... :LOL: , Even though the mechs would be a very suitable spec correct improvement to your drivetrain, Would you Really want them....? They were mine after all.....PMSL.

Just teasing you bud, have a bump back to the top.....!

Mrs HM came home with this today. Has she seen the thread?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 272
xxnick1975":1a9dd1iq said:
There has to be a joke there about the missus coming home with the horn, but I'll rise above it...

I think Derek and Clive already made that gag. ;)

Well I think I ended up with a couple of half decent, well sized early British bicycles. Perhaps not for the purists but useable and used, if not well.

Now I just need to decide which one gets the pleasure of being my steed for the HONC in April.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg