Winter Cycling Clothing or Snow Clothing?

Hi guys!

It's comforting to hear that there's people here who have to endure almost as harsh conditions as we have here. ;)
But actually it does get down to -30°c in deep winter here, the bikelanes don't get plowed too often and I've got 26 km (one way) to my school.
What's nost annoying imo though, is when it's -1° and sleeting all over and I never quite managed to find a top layer that would actually keep me dry.
I agree with Mr.Bugloss that skiing base layers do their job rather well, so do skiing gloves.

LOL

I would go to Finland for a summer holiday in December - it's not that cold and i am hard!!!! LOLOOOOL

Richard

Fair enough, it's quite warm in here, but did I forget to mention the polar bears I have to battle on my way to school?
A bus? I don't think I can let myself become that lazy...

Staying dry is an issue for sure, with many of the supposedly-breathable toplayers you end up being as soaked in the end as not wearing any. Maybe you can tell how those rapha's do their thing once the time comes. There's a problem, though: I'm not that wealthy and I'm a horrible miser, too.

I'm not that wealthy.........any more, but I'll let you know. The way the temperature is dropping I don't think sleet will be too far off.

bugloss":161wkzy2 said:
My purchase of Rapha may prove to be poor judgement and I'll find out soon enough.

Did you win the lottery?

Anyway I use the same base layers skiing and cycling.

I use merino base layers that are non cycling.

I first bought icebreaker stuff when I spent a winter in nz.

I am still using stuff I bought there 10 years ago.

I have loads of icebreaker items and recommend them highly.

Latest posts

Back