Urban RetroBike #4 - 16th November 2013

Hi purley :)
i have to say i think its a great shame that more riders havent been able to join you
on your "urban" rides :?
i thoughrly enjoyed my spin round the city... even if it was bloody cold !
a realy good day out in my opinion :D i hope that you continue to keep running these rides as i feel it would be a great shame if they just petered out through lack of interest...
all the best mate :)

ps, still working away, and probably will be for the next six months at least :(
but will do my best to turn up to a ride or two over the next few months.

Mick :)

Hi Purley,

Unfortunately I don't have enough super powers to move this thread into the Rides section, a simple thread in there with a link to here would suffice :)

I too am guilty of a no show and as has been discussed elsewhere on the forum real life does have a bad habit of getting in the way of things...

Yes, still going ahead Flossy, plenty of interest now, with one brave soul planning to come down on the 4am train from Manchester to take part. A++ for effort.
There will be a roll call about a week before and the only circumstances I would consider cancelling would be if the weather was going to be continuous heavy rain or stupidly windy. Probably the most memorable ride was on a good couple of inches of pretty fresh snow, with a light blizzard crossing Blackheath.
Even some "allegedly" hard men chickened out on that one.

As it looks like we'll have a few "out of towners" on this ride, I would like to extend the Central London section a little and take in a few more landmarks than is the norm; Tower of London, Tower Bridge, The Golden Hinde, The Globe Theatre, London Eye, South Bank, etc. all spring to mind. There will still be a victory run up The Mall and tea at Buck House regardless.

PurleySquire":22lsas2q said:
Yes, still going ahead Flossy, plenty of interest now, with one brave soul planning to come down on the 4am train from Manchester to take part. A++ for effort.
There will be a roll call about a week before and the only circumstances I would consider cancelling would be if the weather was going to be continuous heavy rain or stupidly windy. Probably the most memorable ride was on a good couple of inches of pretty fresh snow, with a light blizzard crossing Blackheath.
Even some "allegedly" hard men chickened out on that one.
and 2 of us turned up and did it in shorts ;)

Back