Bike Smuggling - Overburys Pioneer 3 Hour Build.

makster":g4xooefe said:

Do you find rear tyre clearance a bit of an issue. Nobbly 1.9s and above not great. These are luckily really nice but only 1.7.

I'll let you know, when I get around to getting mine finished and built.
I've only got to finish the frame prep, decide on what colour to go for then build the whole thing up :D

I have succumbed to pressure from the spice girl and have bought the 130 OLd from LGF. Hopefully I can now get a decent nights sleep...

Was hard what with all that abuse.

What do you know about GT taleras?

My black ring arrived. Just waiting for wheels via retrobiker relay from LGF then it really is finished.

Unless................

Funny all this, my Overburys that I bought from LGF came with non-original wheels which had a 135 axle fitted so had to pull the frame apart to get the wheel in, I had it changed straight away for a 130 which fits correctly :D

legrandefromage":1ysssqp3 said:
The only time spreading the rear stays to fit wider axles becomes a worry is when the 7th or 8th cog catches the drop-outs - It happens, I've done it thinking it would fit only to be met by a horrible crunch. Then what happens is that you learn from your mistakes and move on. Next time you measure if in doubt or offer it up first.

Or just go with the build the night before and "TWAT" it when you get a puncture

file.php

Its all good, he used to just give it a TWAT.

Vinevo":1kv8aa7d said:
Funny all this, my Overburys that I bought from LGF came with non-original wheels which had a 135 axle fitted so had to pull the frame apart to get the wheel in, I had it changed straight away for a 130 which fits correctly :D

Glad you got it sorted and didn't use a File on the frame as others have suggested.....PMSL.

Hope you are enjoying it too.... :cool:

Back