1993/4 Klein Quantum Z - updated with photos in last post

Re: 1993/4 Klein Quantum Z

I went the semi-modern as I just found that the old 600STI were not working as well as it should. The rest of the group set was good, but I found the 7700 here and it is lovely. I took it for a 130K ride on Sunday, and it is just so different !!!

As for the transfers, have you tried Gil? He is the resident transfer man on here

130k is just a cruise. I ride every day so yes, a little fit. I love taking the Klein out, I am usually alongside a Quantum Sunburst

Really likes that its not just another wallhanger Klein. Intend to use mine too even though it might not be for 130km rides :)

The bike has to be ridden. My road bike has done 5000ks and so has my commuter this year. It is indeed a wall hanger, as it hangs when not in use, but nearly every weekend, it is out pounding the roads

Thats how it should be... I commute on a Yeti ARC-X... approx 50km. But unfortunate I have to travel quite a lot so it normally only comes down to two days a week...

I slowly started to build in today. Here are a few pics of some of the parts

Attachments

• syncros.jpg
    syncros.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 448
  • 1996 flite.jpg
    1996 flite.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 448
  • grej.jpg
    grej.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 448

And a few build pictures...

Attachments

• sti.jpg
    sti.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 446
  • mounted post.jpg
    mounted post.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 446

New parts arrived today fro the Klein

Grip nut CK top for my 1" CK headset... Opted for a black top for a silver headset. The point shold be that I can have the front look lower and not having too much silver...
NOS Syncros rings. 52-42. Perfect for danish roads - we dont have a lot of moutains. Got this set from a really nice ebay seller.
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/5107coelho/&_ ... 1497.l2754
And a nice set of Vittoria skinwall rubbers...

Now I am only waiting for my rims.

Attachments

• vittoria open corsa sc III skin wall.jpg
    vittoria open corsa sc III skin wall.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 395
  • chris king grip nut.jpg
    chris king grip nut.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 395
  • syncros rings.jpg
    syncros rings.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 395
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After a long time I got to it and have an update to this build

What canged since last? Well, Wheel brakes, cranks, saddle... Here is some pics

New decals from Gill is waiting to be put on
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zzkvkr7go4au ... VXiva?dl=0

Spec:

Quantum Z
TT C-C: 55,5cm
ST C-T: 57cm
ST C-C: 53cm
Head tube 13,5cm
Build with hese meassurments:
Saddle high 73,5cm
Sadle nose bar center: 1,5
Stem 100mm

Build:

Dura Ace 740x series
STI with new right hand shifter
Rear 7402 shifter with some 90es blue flavor - pullys
Front 7400 with generic alu brand.
Chris King GripNut silver/Black
Chris King hubs (32 holes). Front "King" branded, rear "ChrisKingbranded. Build with Mavic Open Pro, Revolution front, Champ back, 7400 QR
Grafton (Toplinemade) cranks with Syncros rings for show (or when riding 7400 crankset), 7410ti bolts
Syncros Stem (100) and post
ITM bars 44cm c-c
CaneCreek SL200 Titanium brakes (CaneCreek US's upgrade of Diacomps brakes... damm light, 96'ish - so a bit to late)
Flite Ti saddle
Blak tape and cables.
New Maxxis 25mm rubbers

and well... I have been riding it for about 2000km since the spring. Its fast, lingt, stiff and just genraly nice to ride!

Back