1993 Orange Prestige.

Re: 1993 Orange Prestige - Back Home

:facepalm: just re-read it, yeah, saw the black one, assumed it was this bike :facepalm:

i have ordered a taxi for myself, infact it's driver is banging on the front door right now, he even has my coat ready.

weird, in your first pic it looks more blue but in his pics it looks purple, the purple is nicer which is what i assume it actually is. :)

Small update (and I mean small :LOL: ).

Got hold of a DX M650 front & rear mech, in reasonable condition after a clean & polish.
I was tempted to go for an upgrade, but DX is what I had on the bike when I first built it up, and I think the all silver look is pretty classy so....

Rob H":w9lqdx1g said:
Any more progress?

Better late than never :LOL:

I've been busy with other things (bikes) but have had half an eye on this build during that time.

I sold the Ti steerer that came with the RC30's I had (it was nice, but overkill for this build imo), so have been on the lookout for another 1" steerer and managed to get hold of a set of RC35's, this means I have the steerer for the RC30's and also RC35 legs that I can swap with the RC30 legs as and when I want. This is something I always hoped to do when I first got the bike in '94 as Pace offered just the RC35 legs as an "upgrade" back then.
Forks need new elastomers & decals though... I do love a project :roll:

I also found some X-Lite XLR Pro Ti handlebars, which is what was fitted bitd.

And I happened on some nice Hope Ti hubs in purple, which will be built up onto the Mavic MA40 rims, also got some purple nipples so it should look pretty cool :cool: . I think I had DX/XT hubs bitd but the Hope hubs are a worthy upgrade.

It's starting to take shape now, no telling when it will be finished, but the only two major things to do now are get the wheels built, and get the Magura HS22's up and running.

Re:

No new pics, but the wheels are being built :D

then it's just a case of cabling up and it's good to go!

pics & stuff to come soon :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back