'93 Scott Team Racing IS FINISHED ! !

Re: '93 Scott Team Racing is reborn

Thank you WWC,
Didn't have time to finish update earlier , so I'll carry on now . Got cool looking canti cable hangers and rigged up the brakes . All done now . . . .

Or so I thought :facepalm:
Did a quick test ride , and felt good .
Rode to work on Thursday with the intention of an off road excursion on the way home . Going to work , a car pulled out in front of me at a roundabout :shock: and initially the bike slowed down . Then I felt the brake cables pull through the hanger and I hit the car . Thankfully at very low speed . After the initial shock , I let the driver in on my thoughts , but we'll leave that . Managed to get the back brake working again , but the front cable was too frayed to get back in hanger , so I rode slowly to work . Went to an LBS where a great bloke -also living in the past- helped me out . I got a pair of Shimano noodles (?) which I know from GarF work well . Put them on , and Robert's your mothers brother ! Did a ride on the downs , about 1 1/2 hrs . Great bike to ride . First rigid mtb for 10 years or so , so took it easy on downhills , and struggled to keep the front end down on the uphills ! :roll: Will get some Ritchey Z-Max tyres to go with vintage look .

Attachments

• good side.jpg
    good side.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 453
  • garf2.jpg
    garf2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 453

The good ,

the good looking but bad

and the muddy !

Sorry for shaky pics , it's cos I've just ridden a rigid :LOL:
Some more pre ride/crash pics

Attachments

• good canti.jpg
    good canti.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 449
  • canti2.jpg
    canti2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 449
  • 1st ride.jpg
    1st ride.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 449
  • against the wall.jpg
    against the wall.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 449
  • ar send.jpg
    ar send.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 449
  • frontal.jpg
    frontal.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 449
  • chainset.jpg
    chainset.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 449

Hi mate
Thats not the kind of excitement you need on your first outing :shock:
Glad you got it sorted ok.
Still a bit of a worry though as i have the same hangers on my Saracen :LOL:
Cheers Paul.

Hi Paul ,
Not surprising considering what the cable is being held with . Two 3mm grub screws as opposed to two plates squashing cable with a 5mm allen bolt . Pity as I like the look of them more . Others are better for going down Chanctonbury :LOL: as I did last night :facepalm:
Mike

Hi mike, you had a very lucky escape from the sound of things , pleased you are ok :)

the hangers, I've used those sort before , I cant say I had any problems, the onza chill pill hangers clamp in a similar manner too btw. I see you have changed now, but as you say you like the look of them , are you sure that the threads on the hangers were ok ? might be worth checking them over ?

Bike looks great mike , think you have done a really nice build, as you say the tyres will change the bikes look again, and for the better i think.

Look forward to seeing some more pictures , but this time of it being ridden off road or it did'nt happen :LOL: ;)

:LOL: Thanks Ian !
Grub screws were ok I thought , seemed to tighten up ok . Will stick to the set up I have now though , looking at the flex in the straddle cable on the rear view . It's play that I don't need . The Shimano set up is direct . The front mech is refusing to work properly now :facepalm: Going to play around with position on the seat tube , angle and cable tension now . Should have used gripshift , more than 3 positions on those shifters . Look , the tyres are on the way :roll: , 1.9 Ritchey Z-Maxs .

Good one, Mike! Lovely build!

Think the front mech is too high on the seattube. Lower it and it should be allright...

Hi Bart ,
Thank you for the tip mate . Brakes are really smooth now I've sorted out my little problem , and shifters too . Pleased you like it , after all your input ;)
Mike

Mike Muz 67":2o8d64cs said:
Hi Paul ,
Not surprising considering what the cable is being held with . Two 3mm grub screws as opposed to two plates squashing cable with a 5mm allen bolt . Pity as I like the look of them more . Others are better for going down Chanctonbury :LOL: as I did last night :facepalm:
Mike

Which path down Chanctonbury do you use ? the one that leads down to the crossing of the A24 or the long one that comes out further down ?
Cheers Paul

Back