Hope Hubs - Difference "Pro" vs. "Pro 2" ?

Sundayjumper

Specialized Fan
Won a pair of wheels on ebay yesterday and only afterwards :)roll: at myself) did I read the Q&A section where the seller says:

A: Hi, they are about 4 years old. They are Hope Pro's not Hope Pro 2's.

I've been Googling and cannot find any reference to "Pro" hubs. Only Pro 2, Pro 2 Evo and Pro 3. So what have I bought ?? Were the XC / Sport hubs called "Pro" at some point ? I'll ask the seller too but I have a feeling he won't know !

hope basically stopped making specific hubs for downhill and xc, and decided to stick to one hub design that can be fitted to different types of frames/forks.

the main difference is that the pro 2 front can, with different fitting kits, fit 9mm qr, 20mm bolt through and also the newer 15mm bolt through.

the rear, does have options aswel, like a shimano saint option aswel as a couple of other widths aswel as bolt up patterns.

the idea was that hope made less different hubs shells but retained their compatibility.

pro 3 are non disc or road hubs i think.

So my hubs are not convertable to different axles ? Not a problem, I was going to run standard QRs anyway. If the bearings are good and the freehub is nice and clicky then I'm happy :)

in that case you do indeed have pro hubs, but if you're not intending to swap them to any other axle configuration then the fact that they are not pro2 will not affect you
:D

jonnyboy666":1wrxfcc3 said:
pro 3 are non disc or road hubs i think.

Not entirely correct - they also do MTB hubs. I've had 2 sets, both of which have been disc mtb hubs. The're lighter than Pro 2s and the disc hubs use straight pull spokes. They're also quite easily the loudest sounding hubs in the lineup!

Pro 3s:
hope07_pro3hub_hi.jpg

To help clear up the confusion, or add to it.
The hope mono Mini came in Pro. That may be the source of the term .

Where does 'hoops' come into it then :LOL:

I take it as read that as rb members youve collected all the different configurations of axle and end spacer type :? Future proof :D

Sundayjumper":raf2k648 said:
Wheels arrived. Turns out they're XC, not Pro. Meh.
Better some might argue ;)

Back