*** Chris Herting's Custom 1988-1989 Yeti Fro ***

theproscloset":iicwzhvm said:
slimjoe":iicwzhvm said:
I do not know if this is the headset you are looking for but its an early Edco 1" in very good condtion.

Im prepared to let it go if its for this bike :cool:

Yes that is the headset! :shock: It's a thicker BMX cup correct? PM what you would like for it, that is the one piece of the puzzle I am looking to update this bike with.

Let me measure it up first then. Ill grab the vernier calipers and PM you shortly.

Was it you I was bidding against?

e3c3b82034cfd3ea65b59ce4e91718ed.jpg

theproscloset":39akq4mq said:
Probably if this was the one that ended a couple weeks ago. All good now as SlimJoe came through.

What are you putting this one on?
something a little earlier

e687dd867dac21f08556a7f1251edabe.jpg

Who ever is responsible for painting it, did a lovely Job. Shame you cant make use of the stem, it would look so much better.

:cool:

I can & will make use of the stem, that is why I still have it.

Right now I am just riding the bike with the T Bone because it handles "better".

This bike is the vintage one that I put through the ringer and ride. The og stem is sick and looks great on the bike. Below is a photo of the bike from the previous owner with the stem on the bike.

FrowCookBrosStem.jpg

You can see that the stem has not been repainted so the yeti blue is slightly faded.

I actually prefer the OG patina.... on everything.

Matches my truck!

The20Duke-1.jpeg

I actually like a painted bike, but have to say I think the previous pics "Out of the studio" and without the "disc" actually look better.

Its not often I would take patna over paint, but given the bikes history it would have been cool to have seen it as it was and like the stem is .

I respect that. Everyone has their own opinion on what looks "good". On a late 80's or early 90's build a Tension Disk does it for me. But that is my 2 cents. Things can always be changed / swapped out.

Yeah I wish I knew what it looked like prior to paint.

Back