Another real ex-JMC bike

wow, thats a hell of a price, what DO you get to prove that was his? i mean all said and done you could build a replica for less

Jase36":1kk6y70t said:
wow, thats a hell of a price, what DO you get to prove that was his? i mean all said and done you could build a replica for less

What more do you need than the fact that the seller is Jim McRoy, Jason's father. Worth every penny at twice the price in my opinion.

getin":38r55cmx said:
I have no doubt it was his bike. I just want to know who bought it?

We are referring to this post mate, not yours

Jase36":38r55cmx said:

Yes I have no doubt it's his either, I mean down the line, in a couple of years time when you open your garage to show off your prize machine to someone or hit the trail and gain admiring glances then what's not to say that you have just built a replica?

Jase36":2bndn7gb said:

I think Jim Mcroy would've slammed the door in your face if you started asking questions like that about is it his sons bike.

Jase36":1j9qau5d said:
Yes I have no doubt it's his either, I mean down the line, in a couple of years time when you open your garage to show off your prize machine to someone or hit the trail and gain admiring glances then what's not to say that you have just built a replica?

I understand the point your making, even if others seem not to. :facepalm:

actually it's a pretty fair point generally, how many bikes turn up over the years that are apparently ex team etc bikes?

with some of the resto's that have been done and copied from pictures it would be possible to build a team bike with out much trouble.

in cases like this one it would make sense to me to record the history of the sale, the handover if possible, record the frame numbers etc, get as much info on where the bike has been all these years and also where it was ridden and at what races.

establishing the history will maintain/increase the value.

:)

Back