Univega AKA Moo Moo, Breaking news pg 6

Re: Univega AKA Moo Moo, new pictures page 4, nearly finish

Thanks mike, chris.

That mech was held together entirely with the e clips and dirt :LOL: unfortunately your too late for the rhubarb crumble , but rest assured it was very tasty :p

Chris, plan is to get out sometime over the weekend and do some proper off road riding , old school stylee :)

Well the weather was pants so instead finished and fitted the sram mech :)

That SRAM RD looks really nice, well done man. Go out and ride that thing!

Ermintrudes rear end is looking very nice Ian ,
have you got any shots of her front end , or even :shock: a WHOLE bike ?! :LOL: ;)
Mike

Hi Mike , and anyone else following this rebuild :)

Been a hectic few weeks with work, I have managed however to get a few days off , yesterday saw the first ride out on moo moo off road in some years, I'd forgot just how good she was :)

The only thing I'd like to change is the stem for a slightly higher rise number, and maybe a few mm shorter :)

Here is a some pics from yesterdays ride :) hope you enjoy, any comments or suggestions for a stem are appreciated

Re: Univega AKA Moo Moo, Finished pictures page 5

:LOL: I had seen these before , in fact I think I spotted one on this forum a bit ago, I like the idea but I think it might look a little too heavy/bulky on a skinny frame ?

Hi Ian ,
That is one cool looking bike you've built up there mate ! Like the headtube emblem :LOL: Look like you must have been sat in a bomb hole to take some of those pics though :facepalm: !
One thing buddy , the cable from the rear changer to the top tube cable stop . I had mine the same way around as yours , but experimented with putting it around the other side of the head tube first , and found it lightened the steering . May be worth a try .
Also , I -and I think only I- have my brakes the opposite way around as it makes a better line for the cables , but that is only personal prefference .
Are you entering it for BOTM mate ?
Mike

Hi Ian ,
That is one cool looking bike you've built up there mate ! Like the headtube emblem Look like you must have been sat in a bomb hole to take some of those pics though !
One thing buddy , the cable from the rear changer to the top tube cable stop . I had mine the same way around as yours , but experimented with putting it around the other side of the head tube first , and found it lightened the steering . May be worth a try .
Also , I -and I think only I- have my brakes the opposite way around as it makes a better line for the cables , but that is only personal prefference .
Are you entering it for BOTM mate ?
Mike

Hi mike, thank you very much, It does get noticed :D don't think its BOTM material though *:) but appreciate the sentiment ;)

Thanks for the comments on the cable lines, not something I've played around with to be honest, it all seems to run really smooth and can't say I've had any problems with the steering due to the cable lines, but can see where your coming from :) something to play with I think :)

The pictures were a little arty and found myself on the floor a few times trying to get that 'just right ' angle, god know's what someone would have thought had they walked past :facepalm: :LOL:

edit. * Sod it .. I've put it up for BOTM :facepalm: :roll: :LOL: :LOL:

just found this thread after your BOTM entry. I like that HT emblem too. well done.

Latest posts

Back