*** Chris Herting's Custom 1988-1989 Yeti Fro ***

Good eye! That is one unique part of this bike. The cable is bolted directly to the reinforced rear triangle gussets. Due to the large size of the frame you can't route the cable like a normal fro (through the inside of the rear chainstays) as the cable would rub on the tire.

Here is the view from the other side but it is still not an ideal close up. I can post a photo here in the next couple days.

YetiwithTiogaDisk-10.jpg

Raging_Bulls":385gyv6x said:
How is that front mech controlled? Looks like the outer cable goes right up to the mech itself and then the inner cable attaches to the BB area.

Correct me if I'm wrong Nick but it looks the same set up as TREK used on their 8000 carbon rig and also some of their Alu offerings from the same period

(picture courtesy of 24pounces)

Attachments

• Trek front mech.jpg
    Trek front mech.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 447
theproscloset":18z71zt7 said:
Good eye! That is one unique part of this bike. The cable is bolted directly to the reinforced rear triangle gussets.

YetiwithTiogaDisk-10.jpg

thats not unique to this bike, it was common on early Fros.

also, this bike already has a keeper kit installed, to prevent the non drive side crankarm from falling off the bottom bracket axle.

I didn't know that Chris Herting was so tall !
Know, I understand his reaction when he received my FRO frame for the C26 metamorphosis : “you really want a so small frame ?“

Amazing Yeti ! :cool:
Why don't you swap the stem for the original Cook Bros ?

scant":vcsxxw1g said:
theproscloset":vcsxxw1g said:
Good eye! That is one unique part of this bike. The cable is bolted directly to the reinforced rear triangle gussets.

thats not unique to this bike, it was common on early Fros.

Your right Scant

Having looked at Darren/Silverfish's 87 FRO it to has the same set up,

Nick
Is this the same bike Gabe used to own many moons ago?

24pouces":vcsxxw1g said:

+1 .......its way :cool:

Attachments

• Silverfish's Yeti.jpg
    Silverfish's Yeti.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 429
To clarify: this was a mod so they could use top routed cables before top pull derailleurs existed. The cable is anchored on the "chainstay" and the housing pushes the lever arm which actuates the derailleur. This was standard on the FRO until 89 or so.

DSC01186-1.jpg

Later came the "roller" design, and then the top pull front derailleur

Retro Spud":14ntu9gf said:
Raging_Bulls":14ntu9gf said:
How is that front mech controlled? Looks like the outer cable goes right up to the mech itself and then the inner cable attaches to the BB area.

Correct me if I'm wrong Nick but it looks the same set up as TREK used on their 8000 carbon rig and also some of their Alu offerings from the same period

(picture courtesy of 24pounces)
I am learning something new everyday. As Mike said, it looks like it was this way on the FROS till 89. I'll post a close up photo of this set up as well as the original Cook Bros Stem.

24pouces":ck6z0q1q said:
I didn't know that Chris Herting was so tall !
Know, I understand his reaction when he received my FRO frame for the C26 metamorphosis : “you really want a so small frame ?“

Why don't you swap the stem for the original Cook Bros ?

I'll post the original cook bros stem that goes with this bike. I have this "not so cool" tioga because I ride it and the fit with the cook bros stem puts me way too far out front. The stem stays with the bike to keep the original integrity intact, however I didn't have time to swap it out for the BotM comp and since this is how I ride it, I thought this is how I should submit it.

Photos coming....

And yes this bike was in Gabe's stable at one point!

I do not know if this is the headset you are looking for but its an early Edco 1" in very good condtion.

Im prepared to let it go if its for this bike :cool:

Attachments

• Edco 007.JPG
    Edco 007.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 379
slimjoe":2r07t9e2 said:
I do not know if this is the headset you are looking for but its an early Edco 1" in very good condtion.

Im prepared to let it go if its for this bike :cool:

Yes that is the headset! :shock: It's a thicker BMX cup correct? PM what you would like for it, that is the one piece of the puzzle I am looking to update this bike with.

Latest posts

Back