Re: 20 Inches of Uncle Sam's Finest ...(Manitou FS Content)

boxxer":3e0kru22 said:
The dead one came from a fellow Macretro rider who had made 2 into 1 and be gave me the remnants as a favour

They are about to be sent to Rojo to help him complete his bike - I was so close to asking FTW to make me a modern frame and use the legs from mine - bit like a C26 (or C46 type...) sort of 20th anniversary special and a way to preserve my frame if I decide to keep it

Mine is getting XTR and hope hydros so will be unique among Mani's!!

Hope disc's will be so cool... look forward to seeing the results,

As for a modern re-pop frame to fit the classic backend onto I came across this thread by futuristicoldman at the weekend viewtopic.php?f=1&t=271374

futuristicoldman":3e0kru22 said:
Check this wee bike out. I just stumbled on these pics whilst cruising about online. Strikes me its a good way to put your cracked manitou to good use. Built in germany by Juchem, apart from this I know nowt about it. Shame its not mine.

Got to be a custom one off like you were considdering above, great way to have the best of both worlds. Sadly I can't read German to know more about these guys http://www.juchem-bike.de/

Attachments

• mani rear end.jpg
    mani rear end.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 835
  • mani fs.jpg
    mani fs.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 835
  • German Re Pop Mani.jpg
    German Re Pop Mani.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 835
Re: Uncle Sam's Finest from 1993 ...(Manitou FS Content)

After being robbed blind by HM Rev & Customs the Postman arrived today with a few eagerly awaited parts :D

The 73mm Syncros T.I bottom bracket is almost 200g lighter than the UN52 I previously had installed and feels silky smooth.

The un remarkable looking packs of elastomers, which I ordered in both Medium and Firm (as I plan to mix them between front and rear forks) will hopefully make a world of diffference ..... never seen so many elastomers in my life each bag contains 14 :shock:

Hopefully my NOS 1¼ C.K headset will show up soon and the build can start in earnest

Attachments

• DSCF9666.jpg
    DSCF9666.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 817
  • new Elastomers.jpg
    new Elastomers.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 817
  • TI Bottom bracket.jpg
    TI Bottom bracket.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 817
Now that the headsets fitted hopefully the coming weekend should see the completion of the build and then out for a light ride round my favorite tracks, nothing to adventurous as like me this ain’t up to big hits anymore.

I guess the anno fans will be left a little flat but after my last build I wanted something a little more subtle and since the frame has more than enough going for it in the W.T.F looks department and I don’t think it needs to much bling, which is why the Anno bar and barends remain off for the time being as does the Manitou stem as I much prefer the round ATAC with the bold logo

Still have work to do with setting up both front and rear mechs and brakes etc then I’ll add the crimps and tidy the lot up, My eagerly awaited Crank-o-Matics have finally arrived so the only thing I’m waiting on now is the blue SRP chainring Bolts.

Before anyone asks... In the picture below the front wheel is the same size at the back one although you'd be forgiven for thinking otherwise :oops:

Spud ™ ©

Attachments

• The never made it gang.jpg
    The never made it gang.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 789
  • crank o matic.jpg
    crank o matic.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 788
  • tyres.jpg
    tyres.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 788
  • WTM M900.jpg
    WTM M900.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 788
  • Syncros.jpg
    Syncros.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 788
  • Rope .jpg
    Rope .jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 789
  • Understated Front end.jpg
    Understated Front end.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 789
  • almost there.jpg
    almost there.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 789
Re: Uncle Sam's Finest from 1993 ...(Manitou FS Content)

Super super :cool: :cool: bike and build. love it :) like the look and design of the suspension on the rear end, remember riding one of the original doug bradbury ones at sshockwave bitd , wish I'd bought one back then too :( , amazing selection of parts, suit the build really well :)

Love your work mate, it looks fab. Its going to look super cool once you've got the stem on there.

That reminds me I better do something with mine soon :oops:

Fcuk man that is mental mate I'd leave it as is now no anodised Barends or bars or that manitou stem combo :cool:

racer x":uw65eojg said:
Fcuk man that is mental mate I'd leave it as is now no anodised Barends or bars or that manitou stem combo :cool:

Thanks for the comment Mr X,

I totally agree with you :LOL: thats why they're still on the table,
However I'm not going to part with any of them as they took 2yrs to track down and mostly NOS

For now only the Crank caps and chainring bolts are being swapped out,
and even then I might still go back to the black chainring bolts.

Having bounced up and down on it the suspension this afternoon its clear I need firmer elastomers...so that will keep me busy later.

Giom6":na6x6er8 said:
Love your work mate, it looks fab. Its going to look super cool once you've got the stem on there.

That reminds me I better do something with mine soon :oops:

Cheers Buddy,
The stem might go on over the weekend, but I'm in love with the ATAC at present

looking forward to seeing how yours is coming along.

Mr Universe":na6x6er8 said:
Super super :cool: :cool: bike and build. love it :) like the look and design of the suspension on the rear end, remember riding one of the original doug bradbury ones at sshockwave bitd , wish I'd bought one back then too :( , amazing selection of parts, suit the build really well :)

Wasn’t sure of the re-action I was going to get since it’s rather a tame/safe build when compared to others
As for looks it certainly unique… well except for the Marin copy

Unfortunately mine is on the back burner for a little while as other projects have jumped the queue :oops:

I've managed to find a black Hyperlite bar and bar ends but thats about it :?

Yours look superb though mate, whatever stem goes on it... :cool:

It's just like the couple I remember in sshockwave as well around 94 :roll: looks good as is and better with your crank o matics :cool:

Back