Help me to choose! :) Rossin vs. Duell, Campy vs. Dura

No contest, it would be the Duell all the way. But I have a soft spot for Dutch bikes with Japanese components. You even get Columbus tubing if you need to feed that Italian craving. Even when putting those preferences aside I'm with Tell, the Duell totally outshines the Rossin in the looks department.

And what about the value of the bikes with these components?

I think the lugged SLX frameset a little bit heavier than the fillet brazed Deda Zero... am I right?

I'd go for the Duell because.
- I know bugger all about them; something a bit obscure is always nice in my books
- Looks right somehow; balanced and classic clean lines
- Proper saddle

You need to know that I'll race on of them in the next season. :) I like to ride CroMo frames among the carbon-guys... So I need sg to ride! ;-)

Go for the Duell! (I used to own that particular bike!) I know it anywhere lol I put the Dura Ace bits on it. The bike rides like a dream, I moved and didn't have the room for it (a sad departure). I did try and find some history of the frame from Duell, but sadly there is no visible frame number. Enjoy if you get it.

Ps if you search for my posts on the site you will see more pics of the bike. Enjoy

drotos.toth":3e6zfbci said:
I have a chance to get them, but I need only one and I'll keep only one of them.

Which one would You choose? Why? :)

Rossin (Deda Zero tubing, Record Titanium front and rear mech, brakes, C-Record chainset, Veloce 9spd brakeshifters, Record hubs and Open Sup rims.) - The pic's dimensions aren't so good...

Duell Professional (Columbus SLX tubing, Dura 7410 STI, Dura 7410 rear mech, Shimano 600 Tricolor chainset and brakes, Shimano 600 hubs and Open Sup rims.)

r_02.jpg

duell.jpg

hungarian sob :D I know that rossin, it's priced around 400 pounds? : ) bringapiac.hu?

I'd go with the Duell though.. I know that 8spd DA is pretty much orphan and obsolete, but the wheelset can be fitted with 9-10-8 spd cassettes, and you can always sell the DA 74.. parts for nice sum of money.

Though I've never used shimano for more than just short runs, I must admit, 8spd campy is not a good investment at all.

Go for the duell Imho. RED. Better colour. not to mention that the oversized brazed tubes won't ride nearly as nice as the classic SLX frame. Sacrifices lot of comfort for the sake of stiffness and weight.

And it's nice to see a fellow countryman on these threads..

Back