cos one GT Zaskar isnt enough ;)

Re: my new GT Zaskar LE page 2

cheers mate yeah i thought it was to high at the front, thanks again for the comments :D

they are XCM 100 :( Forks

I agree, the Forks have too much travel. The Decals are definitely not 97, and I'd say its not a Zaskar LE, either. From 97, the LE had CNC'd 3d dropouts and given the date is 10/97 an LE from late 97 should have 3d dropouts

Also the 97 Zaskar didnt have a integrated seat clamp, but im pretty sure the 98 did, so I'd say this is a 98 spec Zaskar. Still an awesome frame, hand built in the USA. I love mine.

Oh bugger really :( knew I rushed into buying one :( what mean by 3d dropout do u have a photo???

Oh bugger really :( knew I rushed into buying one :( what mean by 3d dropout do u have a photo???

Congrats to the frame! :)

It was built october 1997, so it is model year 1998.

1998 was a year where there were differences between the LE and the non-LE. The LE e.g. has really fancy dropouts and other parts that were CNC'ed. Look at this 98 LE frame:
http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=638937

Still, the Non-LE is a very nice frame and similar to the earlier model years. I personally prefer the LE behause these dropouts are just sooooo awesome. :)

Check EBay US, seller Felnzo, for original Decals for the 98 model year. He should have them. Edit: he does, item no. 121191713582 Nice price.

Regarding Fork: take a Rockshox Judy SL or a SID (introduced in 98, so time correct) and your geometry should be good again.

Bevor applying the new Decals give the frame a nice polish with e.g. Autosol.

Here you can find the 98 catalogue, p31, and Check the original build.
http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/html/gt.html

Or go here:
http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/Bike ... leOszIaySM

Have fun!

ah bugger :( bit gutted if i be honest, feel a bit ripped off :( oh well really wanted a Zaskar LE again many thanks for the info guys its a steap learning curve!!!!

Maybe you can revoke the deal, as the decals said "LE" but as experts have told you meanwhile, it isn't?!

Hi, looks like a nice bike from the pictures you posted. As for you being burnt on the fact it's not an LE, that all depends on how much you paid. Either way, you can't go wrong with a Zaskar.

ah cheers mate yeah your right think i would be so bother if i brought a 95 zaskar but its the fact mind was on the year they did the CNC dropouts to denote the differents, im more angry with meself than anything for not researching it more, but retro biking seem to have got right under my skin recently. did 35 miles at the weekend over dartmoor on my GT Outpost, and loved every minute of it.

Ive recently brought a Chris King no thead head set in anodised red 1 1/8 i take it this is right for my Zaskar?? :facepalm:

Should fit straight on on,just make sure you use the right tools, especially when fitting the new headset.

Back