Bontrager Privateer OR, update as of10/10/13

That looks well nice. :cool: I'd still change the fork (again) for a bouncy one with hanger and stick with canti.

So what size DX top pull front mech do you need? I'm sure one of us will have one in the spares box.

Keep it!

Ideal world I'd want a 28.6mm deore dx top pull mech but I don't think they made them.

I don't really want to buy another fork, but I may have to but looking for anything suitable in a one inch steerer these days is a pain. Threaded or ahead. I'm in no rush so I'll just wait fir the for sale forum of eBay to come up with something.

I think the correct/best fork would be the bonty/tange/syncros type but that seem to go for pretty strong money, more than this carbon fork sometimes

I'll keep an eye out for a mech next time I'm down the cave. 1" is a pain - I'm looking for a suitable one for my Fat Chance Monster as well.

Here's a piccy of my Privateer I got last week (I prefer the look of your one!) >>>

Attachments

• 10102013853 - small.jpg
    10102013853 - small.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 159
Id like to see it with the correct sus fork, I would even go to the lengths of colour coding the legs and retro fitting colour matched decals (in the reverse colours to the frame).

Be nice if you could get hold of the adjusted Rockshox crown if you haven't already.

Looks good

Yeah the bonty rockshox would be nice, hens teeth though. I only originally got the frame because I had heard good things about the ride, I foolishly didn't anticipate the problems of finding a suitable fork, previous 1 inch headset builds have mostly been acquired as frame and fork together, I obviously knew if would be harder but kept settling for whatever I could find, and that was probably the main mistake.

Is the tange fork called "struts"? Has a crown like the bonty fork? That's the style I'd like

Back