Next Year's Retro Ronde

Johnsqual":1tlfmve5 said:
Really? Great stuff, chaps, I'll pencil it in the diary and hopefully we can sort it out.

Bugloss: the area I live is about 60km from Brussels and can be reached by the Belgian cycling network:

http://www.fietsnet.be

That's some map when you zoom out, almost gave me a migraine. 60km in which direction johnny ?

It's always good to know which direction to cycle in, I reckon.

Thanks for the interest so far.

If people are seriously interested in doing the ride to Merckx's birthplace I will start to make some plans.

The area is a sort of light version of the Flemish Ardennes,
the same sort of short steep hills and some cobbles, and nice scenery.

The Hoegaarden brewery is nearby and there is also a small abbey brewery that you can visit.

I might be able to get some camping spaces in our garden, if the Mrs agrees. If not, there are some OK campsites in the area or a couple of Youth Hostels in Leuven.

Johnny

bugloss":jdf2h27o said:
Johnsqual":jdf2h27o said:
Really? Great stuff, chaps, I'll pencil it in the diary and hopefully we can sort it out.

Bugloss: the area I live is about 60km from Brussels and can be reached by the Belgian cycling network:

http://www.fietsnet.be

That's some map when you zoom out, almost gave me a migraine. 60km in which direction johnny ?

It's always good to know which direction to cycle in, I reckon.

The routes go all the way to the North of Holland. It's a pretty amazing scheme really.

60 km east, towards Leuven then down a bit.

In Dutch they have a saying 'Wie durft verdwalen vindt nieuwe wegen' (If you dare to get lost you will find new paths). My Mrs threatens to hit me if I quote it at her ;)

Me and Lost are great mates.

My plan is to either get in to Bruxelles on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning and leave again on Monday, as I figure I won't want to rush away on Sunday. I fly back to Denmark on Tuesday.

So I'd love to come for a ride on Saturday. I'll probably youth hostel or hotel it as I won't be bringing a tent on my Eddy Merckx as it won't take a rack even if I tried.

Johnsqual":3q1ns1pa said:
Just noticed that next year's Retro Ronde Van Vlaanderen
will be on 14th of June

Bugger ... I'm doing a 100 mile TT on the Q100 on the 15th ...

rusty bodie":3bnvvp1u said:
Montello":3bnvvp1u said:
Johnsqual":3bnvvp1u said:
Just noticed that next year's Retro Ronde Van Vlaanderen
will be on 14th of June

Bugger ... I'm doing a 100 mile TT on the Q100 on the 15th ...

cancel it!! this should be infinitely more fun!!

:cool:
It's the only 100 in the Q district.

[/quote]Bugger ... I'm doing a 100 mile TT on the Q100 on the 15th ...[/quote]

cancel it!! this should be infinitely more fun!!

:cool:[/quote]
It's the only 100 in the Q district.[/quote]
There aren't many 100's at all on the calendar these days! I was going to ride the Anfield last year (our local one is on A19 in August - not for me!) but my pneumonia put paid to that. Perhaps next year?

Not checked any clashes with other things for 2014 yet. Whatever, as I tell Mrs Ned - 'you can only do one thing at a time'. It's choosing which one that's the difficult part :?

Latest posts

Back